Corsair Community

Need Help with GA-K8NNXP w. 2x CMX512RE-3200LL

Ebsel

Hi! i have a problem with the GA-K8NNXP and two CMX512RE-3200LL modules. If i insert only one of the two modules the PC has no problem booting, but as soon as both of the modules are inserted it wont get past the defining the processor. both modules are fine by themselves!I have informed myself at gigabyte and they are aware of these kind of problems and referred me to you, saying that i should manually adjust the latencys etc. i however couldnt find the values anywhere and was wondering if you could help me. I am not that much of an overlocker or anything, i just want my damn pc to work!!! Please help me with this! Thanks in advance Ebsel

how can it be that the system has no problem booting with one of the two 512 modules, but if both are inserted it isnt possible?? if the chipset were to not support reg. ram then shouldnt it not boot at all, even with only 1??

• Corsair Employee
Can’t tell you, it's probably just ignoring the PLL's but the system will not be stable. And that info is published in the user manual of most every MB manual I have seen as well as in the white paper for the chipset.

• Corsair Employee
The GA-KNNXP would be for AMD 754 Pin CPU's and would be for un-buffered memory and GA-KnnXP-940 Pin would need registered memory. According to AMD the 754 Pin CPU can support registered memory, but the MB maker has to add support for it in their layout of the MB. If Giga-byte says it works I would try testing the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and see if they pass if so then it would suggest that it's a MB issue

hmm, i will luckily be able to send them back and will get some other compatible/working ram for this MB!!!! thanks a lot for your help, you were the only one to tell me that the MB does not support reg. ram, not even the gigabyte people would tell me that!.. merry christmas n a happy new year!! Ebsel

Archived