Corsair Community

tx650 problem

thef

When I turn on my computer, everything works fine until I reach the desktop. After a minute or two, I hear a loud click and the computer turns off immediately. After that, it tries to restart and the same thing happens. The same thing happens when I try to use the startup repair tool. If I try to go into safe mode, the computer will freeze when loading classpnp.sys although I'm not sure if that's a new problem since I hadn't gone into safe mode before this. However, I have no problems entering the bios screen. I left the computer on overnight on the bios screen and it was still working this morning. The hardware monitor shows that my voltages are consistently 3% higher than what its supposed to be. I put my old power supply back in and my computer worked perfectly for several hours. I've tried the paperclip test and the power supply worked.

• 3 weeks later...
I did an RMA and received a new power supply, but I still have the same problem. I hope the chances of me receiving two faulty power supplies are very slim, so I think there must be something that I'm doing wrong that's causing this. Any ideas? It's very possible that I've made a mistake since I'm an amateur at this.

I've had a similar problem as well. My first TX650 went bad after about a year. The RMA'ed one I received as a replacement didn't work out of the box. Sadface. It would work through the bios and the "check disk pre-windows" utility, but it shuts down a minute into windows. I think we both need another RMA

• Corsair Employee
A follow up RMA is definitely an option, however if you are having similar issues with the first replacement, I would suggest testing the unit in a different system to see if the problem follows the PSU, or if it stays with the primary system.

• 1 year later...
It's been a long time, but I wanted to update the situation and help anyone else who encounters the same problem. I read this and decided to try again on a whim. I realized that no video card was installed, so I didn't have any current on the 12v rail. Everything is working fine, and I wish I figured out this silly problem earlier.

Archived