Corsair Community

Corsair One Power Supply

zguy85

I love the system and can't wait for the Pro to be available again but I am curious.

I understand the basic model comes with a 400W Power Supply.

What is the power supply rating for the PRO and more importantly the PRO TI?

I would assume the system could run stable for the PRO at 400W, but I cannot understand how the PRO TI would honestly run stable with only a 400W power supply with many sources saying you should have minimum 500W with a 1080TI. Regardless, the system doesn't seem to be solid for future upgrades at 400W either.

Am I wrong? What are the exact specs for each models Power Supply?

Thanks Dan, well good to hear the One TI comes with 500W PS. Although I have my eye set more on the PRO with the older 1080 due to budget of course. I'm still skeptic if the Standard PRO with the 1080 and 400W PS will still be Solid Stone Stable including the overclocks at 400W.

I still don't believe that 400W PS gives enough head room to be upgrade proof concerning future GPUs similar and to the TI peaking around 230W-250W (290+ absolute peak) alone, unless the power supply is also upgraded at a later time. Then again these are Corsair Quality Power Supplies. Either way all models offer the bare minimum for the hardware onboard and it would be wonderful if Corsair offered more power with the ONE for headroom mainly considering GPUs.

Don't get me wrong I'm still interested, going to wait for BestBuy to have availability because they offer a 24 month interest free plan. Easy payments.

zguy85,

400W PS is enough for the Pro model. Corsair is just going to what's needed. In my case I will not overclock, since noise and thermals are important to me, but I think you can still safely overclock it.

Generally speaking, the more Ws the less speed the internal fans need to apply, ergo less noise. In other words, a 1000W PS would make less noise than a 500W PS with the same sucking power system.

What I am more concerned about is the lack of M.2 and not being able to use the 960 Pro.

Cheers,

Archived