Corsair Community

ax1200i clicks every 10 seconds

knighty21

Hello,

I am currently wrangling with this well documented problem with my otherwise-silent build. I can hear the PSU click every 10-12 seconds, and it has been established that this behavior is by design and specific to this and other AX models. Therefore a normal RMA for another ax1200i would do me no good (and I've already tried a second one from Amazon), so I'd like to exchange it for the cheaper HX1200i once those are available (which should be any day now). How do I go about doing this? I've opened a support ticket (6585585), and have so far only received the standard canned response: "have you down a self-test?" :confused:

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I also have that problem, every 10 seconds appears unbearable clik :eek: , not want to use the digital corsair link to rotate the FAN to its minimum speed, I want total silence :mad:. Nor do I want to use the RMA for despite this failure seems to me a good psu :sigh!:, anyone knows any extreme method to remove that annoying click? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Corsair is intolerable been used for a high-end product such as a fan Ax1200i low quality as is the Yate Loon D14BH-12, 2 RMA and followed the same failure clicking the fan :veryangry. Could put the new fans using AX1500i and HXI but only interested in getting money :wtfman:. Tired of this situation decided to fix the problem myself :ar:, opened the PSU with a type Torx 8 screwdriver, remove the Yate Loon and using the tutorial http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131687&page=4 and place this high quality fan with BitFenix Spectre Pro FDB bearings 140mm PWM. There are no more clicks :D: and if I use Corsair Link is much quieter. I'm still so very angry with Corsair and the first and last time I buy a PSU of this brand. :evil: :headbang:

Archived