Corsair Community

AX850 fan dont rotating

bobel

Hello Corsair team for a year now I have the AX850 recently I bought a new case and installed a 4 channel fan controller with temperature sensors, two sensors mounted on the exterior of the power supply. (above and on the side)

Then I noticed that the temperature starts from 30 degrees and raise to 40 degrees and usually remains at 40.

I think that's pretty hot then I check the fan of the power supply and

he dont rotating?

Now I am quite concerned that the fan is broken?

My system

Phantom Full Tower --Power Supply is installed on the ground.

2600K CPU

Gforce 570 GTX

Z68X-UD5-B3

Xfi sound card

Corsair memory

that is not really a lot of power consumption..

His PSU is already over a year old and that was before the fan-less operation at low loads versions were available.

I do agree 40c is not hot at all for a PSU, it was the fan not spinning is why i made the suggestion to have it replaced.

Just to be sure , what is the model number on the PSU?

AX850 does have fan-less operation at low loads. You can see it even on the box of this 2010 review of AX850 : http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=197 (a closer picture : http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz188/LlamaOps/IMG_1404.jpg ). AX750 and AX850 are Seasonic X-750/760 and Seasonic X-850/860 with minor modifications, and all Seasonic X series have sub-20% load passive mode.

Hi thanks for the replay i was very busy so the best think is i try to have mutch load and see what happens?

but good to know that 40° is not hot

at 170 Watt it should start rotating usually i think right?

• Corsair Employee
On our PSU's it is about 30% load and also temp controlled so if your room temp is low and case cooling are good or keep the system cooler than average it may still not come on till it reaches a higher load.

Archived