Corsair Community

Corsair Link - H100i- Won't let me out of default.

Fadeout

I just downloaded the Corsair Link, Everything seems to be fine except for it won't let me switch out of default mode on my fan's. When I click it I don't even see any of the other options and when I try to just set it to a different mode from my notification tray, it doesn't do anything and it remains in default. I have windows 7. MSI X99S Gaming 7 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having pretty much the same problem. I've tried Corsair Link versions 2.7.5361, 3.1.5525, and 3.1.5570, all with the same result. Link is not detecting my H100i and regardless if I choose Quiet, Balanced, or Performance modes, the fan rpms stay the same. Also within the Link application, I no longer have the option to change the color of the water block's LED.

I've checked the physical connections and all the cables are securely connected. Any advice? Thanks in advance...

Apparently my system is NOT detecting my H100i. What's strange is that it was working normally for several weeks and then it stopped. I did physically transport my PC from one location to another, so I suppose it's possible that something could have been knocked loose. But like I said earlier, I checked the physical cable connections and they all seem fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ocsk8brdr/Computer%20Stuff/USB%20Bus_zpsr0ckkm9y.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ocsk8brdr/Computer%20Stuff/Link%20Devices_zpsgkuzfjvy.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ocsk8brdr/Computer%20Stuff/Link%20Devices_zpsijd1omwl.png

It's very strange that the bridge is listed on [Link Status], but not on [Link Devices] and this should not be possible! Enable reporting of ghost devices in device manager (see http://www.mytechguide.org/12179/remove-hidden-devices-from-windows/) and post a screen shot showing all the HID devices. I would be inclined to uninstall any ghost HID devices and then check [Link Devices].

Looking at [uSB Bus] the Corsair Integrated USB Bridge reporting I/O Error 31 shows there is some sort of issue. Does Device Manager give any clues as to what the issue might be?

As you say, very strange. There are no ghost devices listed. From SIV do Menu->Manage->Devices and then from Device Manager do View->Show hidden devices.

I really need to see what [Link Devices] reports. I think I have figured out why no devices were displayed and fixed this in SIV 5.02 Beta-02. Please get the SIV 5.02 Beta (Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta), exit SIV 5.01, extract the SIV 5.02 Beta files, run SIV 5.02 and post what [Link Devices] reports.

I'm having pretty much the same problem. I've tried Corsair Link versions 2.7.5361, 3.1.5525, and 3.1.5570, all with the same result. Link is not detecting my H100i and regardless if I choose Quiet, Balanced, or Performance modes, the fan rpms stay the same. Also within the Link application, I no longer have the option to change the color of the water block's LED.

I've checked the physical connections and all the cables are securely connected. Any advice? Thanks in advance...

You need to go in to the registry and change some settings, there is a thread about that. That will fix not detecting the H100i. I have the same problem where I can't change the fan speeds on my GPUs. Only option I have is default mode.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962

You need to go in to the registry and change some settings, there is a thread about that. That will fix not detecting the H100i. I have the same problem where I can't change the fan speeds on my GPUs. Only option I have is default mode. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962

I suspect not as Spitfire75 is running Windows 7 and the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled change is only needed for Windows 8.1.

As you say, very strange. There are no ghost devices listed. From SIV do Menu->Manage->Devices and then from Device Manager do View->Show hidden devices.

I really need to see what [Link Devices] reports. I think I have figured out why no devices were displayed and fixed this in SIV 5.02 Beta-02. Please get the SIV 5.02 Beta (Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta), exit SIV 5.01, extract the SIV 5.02 Beta files, run SIV 5.02 and post what [Link Devices] reports.

red-ray,

Thanks for all of your help so far. I disconnected the H100i's USB connector from the header on my motherboard and reconnected it to a different USB header. Now my system is detecting a problem USB HID.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ocsk8brdr/Computer%20Stuff/USB%20HID_zpsklh5nnay.jpg

I wasn't able to find Menu -> Manage -> Devices within SIV, so could you please elaborate on that? Thanks again...

D'oh! You just wanted to see my Device Manager. Sorry about that. I did have Hidden Devices shown when I took the screenshot in post #15.

Just doing View->Show hidden devices is not enough to show all the hidden/ghost devices! You also need to have Devmgr_Show_Nonpresent_Devices set. SIV automatically sets this. Given 5.02 reports the Corsair Integrated USB Bridge I expect the system has in excess of 80 ghost HID devices.

Does [uSB Bus] still report I/O Error 31? If so I suspect there is a hardware issue and you will need to RMA the H100i.

Yep, USB BUS is still reporting Error 31. The weird thing is, last night (Saturday, July 19th), Corsair Link started working after a reboot and continued to work for several hours and into this morning. CL was detecting the H100i and I could see all the pump and fan information, as well as change fan modes from Quiet to Balanced to Performance. Then I restarted my PC again and it stopped working. So it kind of sounds like a bad H100i.

Corsair Link started working after a reboot.

Then I restarted my PC again and it stopped working.

What happens if while the system is running you remove the SATA power from the H100i for 10 seconds? I suspect the firmware may have crashed and doing this will restart it.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the SATA power connector from the H100i resolves the issue! Is that indicative of a bad firmware update? If so, is it possible for me to downgrade to the previous version?

Good, I suspected it would. This confirms the firmware had probably crashed.

1. What firmware version do you have? Post a [Link Status] screen shot.

2. It's possible that CL could cause the firmware crash all on it's own. I used to see this from time to time on my system which is one of the reasons I added CL hardware support to SIV so I did not need to use CL. Switch to the new v3.1.5667 and see if that helps.

3. The firmware can crash if you run CL and HWiNFO at the same time. Do you do this? Before HWiNFO reports CL hardware it warns you that you should not do this.

4. It can also crash if you start CL when SIV is running and reporting CL hardware. SIV will detect that CL has been started and disable CL reporting, but there is still a small timing window. As SIV automatically disables CL support when CL is running on SIV start-up it's safe to run SIV when CL is already active, needless to say SIV will not report the CL hardware though.

5. The reason there are issues using either of HWiNFO and SIV at the same time as CL is that CL does not implement a lock to interlock CL hardware access (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729115). HWiNFO and SIV use this mutex and can be safely active at the same time.

Archived