Corsair Community

Windows 10 Tech Preview & CL

Scyphe

My report: it does not work. It doesn't find the hardware and I can't do anything. Windows 10 IS a Tech Preview not out for another 8-9 months, just wanted to give a heads up that it does not work on Windows 10 Tech Preview (I'm running x64).

http://i.imgur.com/Nz41RyZ.jpg

Event viewer says one single thing for every Corsair Link entry:

http://i.imgur.com/yE5V6jQ.jpg

The positive thing is that installation went without a hitch. I know Corsair are not expected to give support on a release candidate of a tool on Technical Preview of an upcoming Windows OS but perhaps it's a good idea for the programmers to check out Windows 10 and check out any possible reasons why it fails, what's new/different in Windows 10 Tech Preview etc.

Any other idea of how I can affect the fans? I usually put them on Quiet since I'm not doing a lot of heavy CPU-work (and besides, the H100i is such an amazing cooler once it has been mounted exactly right, level and with the right pressure (and right TIM, in my case Arctic MX-4) which leads to my CPU idling below room temps and maxing out at 60GHz (I used to run my Ivy 3570K @ 4.8GHz but realised I didn't need the extra power (and power usage) and dropped it to 4.50GHz at low voltage without it even sweating (yes, I love my H100i, the best CPU-cooler I've EVER used).

Anyway, just a heads up for other Corsair Link users that want to check out Windows 10 (it's actually fully working without any issues, I'm running it 24/7 on my main system drive. I skipped the loathsome Windows 8-series after trying out the 30 day trial (well, it lasted 7 days, couldn't stand it)).

System Info:

MSI Z77-GD65 motherboard

Ivy Bridge i5 3570K CPU @ 4.50GHz

2x4 GSkill ARES LP DDR3 @ 1866

OCZ Vertex 4 (boot, system, OS and App drive)

OCZ Vertex 2 (music production drive)

2TB WD Green + 1TB WD Black (storage, games etc.)

Currently using the built-in Realtek ALC898 since the new board didn't have a PCI-connector for my Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum.

MSI Radeon HD 7950 O/C (With Arctic Xtreme 7970 cooler, silent but deadly, super-cooler for GPU)

I had to do some serious modding on top of my Fractal Design R3 since the grilles on the top were designed for 140mm fans. Basically cut away the grill with a pair of tongs, put the H100i radiator on the outside of the case and the fans pushing from inside (I have good ventilation inside the case). Not sure if that's mentioned anywhere in the product description for the H100i (ie. a compatibility chart).

The noise of the stock fans in medium (and esp. performance mode) are too loud. Next step is to get the best silent static pressure fans for the H100i radiator.

Archived