Corsair Community

[Feature Request] Sleep Mode and New Action

totorman

Hi, like i asked in the CUE Feature requests :) i'm asking them here :)

I made 2 screenshots of a possible implementation :)

Default profile for sleep mode / demo mode after some time

4s6nvL.jpg

A switch action key that can act as a key lock

FINKw0.jpg

With this you can program for example the num lock key to be 2 colors, and to acts as a num lock.

But you can too if you select the start color as the lock key and uncheck the acts as num lock checkbox, colorize all the numbers on the right keypad

You can also add a start value choice of the value of another switch. In this way you can create for example a console mode : activation of the "²" key would illuminate all keys to type on console, and reactivation of the "²" key will off the switch so reassigning the previous color for the keys.

I also think you can make a switch with variable number of position (from 2 to ...) to act as a multiposition switch, but in this case (more than 2) you disable the key lock functions and readd the "+" and "x" buttons to add more colors

In the advanced mode also, there is a gradient thing that is missing. I could not achieve to make a cool gradient animation for now :( There is always some dark coming at some time :(

• Corsair Employee

I like the proposal for a sleep mode though the moment the system sleeps, people may ask why the profile stops. I can investigate though.

The second request will be much more difficult but I appreciate the suggestion. I'll see what we can do for this as well. As always, no promises!

I like the idea of a "sleep mode" profile also ... perhaps one that's activated when the system is locked also.

The only thing that I would want to be careful of is that profiles include settings for system cooling ... so it's more than just lighting. But that may also be a user-thing.

I think i used the wrong word :)

I don't want a profile to start when computer go in sleep mode (even if it can be done) but the possibility to choose one profile which become active after an amount of time of keyboard inactivity. And the previous profile switch back in case of activity.

And when i say profile, yes why not an entire profile, not just lighnings, but also fan speed and so on.

• Corsair Employee
I think i used the wrong word :)

I don't want a profile to start when computer go in sleep mode (even if it can be done) but the possibility to choose one profile which become active after an amount of time of keyboard inactivity. And the previous profile switch back in case of activity.

And when i say profile, yes why not an entire profile, not just lighnings, but also fan speed and so on.

No I understood. What I meant was people may interpret sleep mode with actual sleep. I understand though you mean idling.

• 1 year later...