Corsair Community

100R Add Front Fan

cpupro

I have searched and can't find information on this. I just bought a 100R Silent, it's great except for one thing. I wanted to add a case fan in front behind the bezel to cool the hard drives. What fan can fit there? Where do I get one, it appears to be really thin compared to fans that I have.

Where can I get this information, need to get this done soon!

Any help would be appreciated.:sigh!:

This looks great on paper but when you have it in front of you and try to mount the fan there isn't enough room, you can't get the bezel back on.

The fan you see is only 1 fan. The fan that I want to put in is in front of the hard drive tray.

Ah got ya. I see what you mean looking again. The spec for 2x dual 120mm fans in the front is likely with the hdd cage out. The top one obviously has no issues but maybe try looking for 15mm thickness fans. Like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=case+fan+15mm&N=100007998%20600035590&isNodeId=1

One of the issues that I have is there isn't any "long fan screws" as it states in the manual. I might of been able to figure this out but once I put everything together there aren't any screws long enough to mount this.

I will have to take a look at this tomorrow, it just has to be something really simple that I am missing.

Thanks for the help!

I sent the information to Corsair Support last night on the missing long fan screws. They have already processed this and will send me the hardware needed immediately.

That's what I like, great customer service!

Archived