Corsair Community

iCUE software bugged my system

Z.S

I am midway through a CSGO match and fans start spinning at max RPM all of a sudden (LL120 x6 and 5 of them were connected to the Corsair Commander Pro) I check temps and they seemed around 5-10C hotter than what I thought would be normal. I almost instantly quit the match (it was competitive match and I got banned for quitting) and restarted my PC and even before logging in to my account on PC the fans were that loud. I tried another restart and had same problem so I uninstalled iCUE (I read somewhere that it is better to uninstall CUE/iCUE software manually before re installing or installing iCUE if you had old CUE previously installed as some of the settings conflict one another or something). I lose ALL my profiles that were saved on to my K70 RGB Rapidfire and M65 Pro RGB FPS as a result of uninstalling iCUE even though they are usually there before I am logged in to PC and CUE/iCUE software has turned on.

I had to do so much work on iCUE and mess with the settings and it still seems like the PC is a little too loud compared to previously even though the average reported temps on CPU went down to 39C from like 50+ and it is pissing me off so bad any fixes for my PC's sound with the 8 fans I have

(I would have had 7 if my H80i v2 was working fine but I had to ghetto install my H115i behind two and a half of the LL120 fans as that is for 140mm fans and the Crystal 570x Mirrored Tempered Glass has the 120mm fan mount centered to the middle of a removable panel and same thing for the 140mm fans so they do not overlap like some cases fan mounts)

I can't do sound tests or ***** but my PC does sound a lot noisier than normal

How are your fan curves configured?

What temps were "5-10C hotter than what you thought would be normal" and what were the actual temperatures?

I also see a lot of Corsair stuff in your specs ... but no cooler. What are you cooling your CPU with?

And ... dude ... it's volunteers on here. Give it a bit before you repost to "bump" your post. There's no need to repost in about a half hour.

As above, what is the +5-10C? CPU temp? Coolant temp? Which is the control variable for your fans (or is it mix and match)?

I am going to need to write a macro that spits this part out. Yes, you should clean install when you change iCUE versions or go back to Link + CUE 2. You can export all the profiles, but since they may not be backward compatible, you then need to do that for each version. The easier thing to do is make a copy of your C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder and stash it in a safe location. You should do this for each version of iCUE. I have another drive with a folder for 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, etc. When you are forced to roll back or do any kind of change, you can drop the copy of the folder back in the App Data location after the install. Remember to copy fresh versions after you make substantial changes and certainly before uninstalling.

Anyway, I suspect we need to look at your H115i right now and iCUE swapping will not be the issue.

How are your fan curves configured?

What temps were "5-10C hotter than what you thought would be normal" and what were the actual temperatures?

I also see a lot of Corsair stuff in your specs ... but no cooler. What are you cooling your CPU with?

And ... dude ... it's volunteers on here. Give it a bit before you repost to "bump" your post. There's no need to repost in about a half hour.

I used to initially use the H115i but swapped it for a H80i v2 (I got H80i v2 on discount from a store that was closing down as a spare part and at the time (2 months ago) I was using Obsidian 450D with 2x120/140 at front and NO 360 option due to optical bays ) then after I noticed that cooler was not working I replaced it with my older 115i 280mm as the mounting holes for 140/280 do not line up with any of the mounting holes for 120/240/360 fans/rads and kept 120mm as Intakes (bottom two intake in to radiator and part of the top fan intakes directly in to case) as the rad cant be seen from front unless fans stop spinning due to design of the mount for fans/rads and

I use 140mm fans to pull air through radiator so it is technically in push/pull but fans thaat push are smaller

all my fans are RGB LL 120 fans besides the 140mm fans pulling from rad which came with the Corsair H115i cooler

I am sure this is some software bug of some sort as it is reporting even with three intake and three exahust and two fans pulling from radiator I am getting higher than normal temps and fan speeds but it was all fine just before it happened during the middle of a match

my previous build which had ALL the same parts besides all the RGB stuff I added (and acessories to software control all my parts) and the new case I got had like 35c-40c regular temp and when a game was launched it would get to 50-55c and out of all changes the only which should have an affect on performance is fans and case as the rest of the stuff was just RGB and software control related

I am pretty sure you'd notice if your room temperature increased by 5-10C and in turn raised the temperature of everything by the same amount. What we were trying to figure out is why the fans suddenly cranked up. That leaves a few possibilities. Are all of your case fans set to CPU Temp as the control variable? H80i v2 Temp? Or is this a software glitch?

The second part is finding the cause of the presumably genuine temp rise. Usually the best place to start is by looking the coolant temperature (H80i v2 Temp). That is easy enough to compare to environmental temps and make a determination about the cooler. If the coolant was +5C above normal, your CPU temps would be as well. Most people have a coolant temp about +4-7C over their room ambient temperature. On an overlclocked 7700K, I would expect to see a +6-8C rise in coolant temp when running a CPU only stress test. If you see deltas significantly higher than that, it suggests their is some kind of flow issue in the cooler. Be careful of the high case temp, low room temp scenario. If you heat up the case (usually by GPU waste heat) it can stretch these values artificially. Make sure you take the measurements when that is not a factor.

all fan temps are on OG settings the only thing I changed due to the sound was decreasing the RPM which didn't do anything as it still sounded as loud as before

also now i have ANOTHER problem non of my corsair hardware/peripherals is recognised in iCUE anymore

I fixed the bug where no peripherals and components are detected but the ONLY way I could fix it was to quit iCUE and turn it off in task manager then open it up again as restarting windows doesn't do anything for the bug you need to be logged in and quit the application then open it up again

Temperature of the ambient air has a direct effect on the temperature if your system, 50 degrees is not really that hot for a CPU. It takes a lot longer for an AIO to heat up and to cool off, compared to an air cooler. If you look at the temps 10 minutes into a game, it will be a lot different than 40-60 minutes into a game.The low temps you are talking about could have occurred in the 10 minute range. Other than your fans speeding up, I guess I really don't see an issue.

Archived