Corsair Community

Link and User Profiles

BigFNDeal

I have two user profiles I use on my PC. I have an every day login, which is not an admin profile, that I use for everything but gaming. I then have a gaming profile, which is admin, where I obviously, play games. The main reason for this is because I have far less running in the background when I play games. What I want to do, is that depending on which login I am using, Link will apply a different profile. I want balanced for my every day type work, and performance for gaming. Ideally this would automatic.

I am using Link 4.2.3.41.

I have the AIR540 with 3 AF140 red fans. H100i v1 cpu cooler w/ stock fans (for now), and an AX860i PSU.

I also have Vengeance Pro and the Vengeance colling fan, but they aren't link enabled.

Not sure what else you may need. HAppy to provide any additional info.

AFAIK CL4 can't do this automatically.

If you look in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ you should see the CL4 config files and I suspect it would be possible to create a batch file to copy/rename these such that CL4 used a different profile depending on which account you were using.

You would also need to change Task Scheduler to run this batch file before starting CL4.

AFAIK CL4 can't do this automatically.

If you look in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ you should see the CL4 config files and I suspect it would be possible to create a batch file to copy/rename these such that CL4 used a different profile depending on which account you were using.

You would also need to change Task Scheduler to run this batch file before starting CL4.

Thanks, but I'm no coder. Any chance I could get some help creating the batch file?

Archived