Corsair Community

Light Node Pro (unknown USB device)

ZeroKitsunei

I bought a Corsair CC-9011141-WW case that came with the Light Node pro and 2 hd120 RGB fans. I got everything installed and got the lighting working on it once after fiddling with for a bit then moved it to my room and now I can't get the Node to show up in Link or CUE. Fans spin but no lights. When I look at my device manager it shows it as a unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I've switched USB headers, uninstalled/ reinstalled Link and CUE. I've been throwing around the idea of using a USB 3 to 2 converter, just to see. But i've misplaced the converter somewhere in my room.. Anyways ideas?

I bought a Corsair CC-9011141-WW case that came with the Light Node pro and 2 hd120 RGB fans. I got everything installed and got the lighting working on it once after fiddling with for a bit then moved it to my room and now I can't get the Node to show up in Link or CUE. Fans spin but no lights. When I look at my device manager it shows it as a unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I've switched USB headers, uninstalled/ reinstalled Link and CUE. I've been throwing around the idea of using a USB 3 to 2 converter, just to see. But i've misplaced the converter somewhere in my room.. Anyways ideas?

First, is the NoPro connected to a straight SATA connector, not a Molex-to-SATA converter?

Next ... Enable XHCI Handoff and turn off Fast Boot in the BIOS.

Third ... if still not working, try using a standard mini-USB to USB-A cable and router to the back of the case. This isn't intended as a permanent solution but to see if it's, perhaps, the cable.

It was connected through straight SATA.

Enabled XHCI and turned off fast boot.

Connected it through a external USB.

Nothing helped, however I did notice that there was a chip, on the mini part, inside plastic that holds the connections of the USB header to mini. It didn't look like it broke off in the USB port though. Still says Unknown USB Device in device mgnr.

• 3 months later...

Did you ever resolved this? I got an issue with my Light Node Pro as well

Mine came with this ...

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Lighting/dp/B075VGN4M1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537366333&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair%2Brgb%2Bfans&th=1

At first one of the fans RGB would flicker on and off (this was after working fine for a few moths). Just a day after it just turned off an never turned on. The other worked fine until yesterday when I connected a this set of RAM (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1TT84Z/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). After this the other fan didnt turn on as well. I noticed iCUE is not recognizing the Lightgning Pro Node as well (its only recognizing the K95 RGB Platinum, MM800 RGB Polaris and now the Vengance RGB PRO RAM). Under Universal Serial Bus controllers I also have an Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I disconnected everything except my mouse and keyboard so I guess its the Lightning Pro Node.

Archived