Corsair Community

Corsair 3 120GB question

liberty88

I recently bought a Corsair Force 3 120GB. Initially I had it connected to the SATA 3 Marvell port (which is the only SATA 3 port on my motherboard), running AHCI mode. I get a BSOD every 3-4 day or so (computer constantly turned on), which isn't -that- bad, but quite annoying nevertheless.

In hope of increasing stability, I've connected the disk to the SATA 2 Intel connector (I don't care about the speed, really).

I have installed iata_enu_10.6.0.1022 - which should be the newest IRST drivers.

In addition, I was planning to apply this "fix":

How to fix your SSD freezing issue (we hope!)

This brings me to my question:

Regarding the fix mentioned above, it clearly states that "This only works if you are using the Intel RST drivers. If you are using the default MS AHCI drivers, this will not work."

Now, I have installed IRST and I see the Intel Rapid Storage Technology icon on the task bar. But in device manager I get:

Corsair Force 3 SSD

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Date: 21.06.2006

Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Does this mean that i am indeed -not- using the Intel drivers and thus the fix won't work?

If so, how do I change it to the Intel drivers?

Thank you

Regarding the IRST questions: the drivers are not for the drive itself, but for the the SATA controller, so you should look under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" to check the provider & version of drivers.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Had another BSOD today, unfortunately -- so I decided to update to Firmware 1.3.

Current setup:

Windows 7 64bit

Firmware 1.3

Connector: Intel SATA 2 (on AHCI mode)

Drivers: Latest IRST

Other "fixes": How to fix your SSD freezing issue (we hope!) - though I don't know if this is relevant now that I'm using 1.3

Hope this works

Archived