Corsair Community

SSD and HDD

daeven

Hi.

Is it possible to run SSD in ACHI mode with an extra HDD installed? Haven`t got the SSD yet, but this HDD got no system on it. Only backups, music, etc.

The new (waiting) SSD is Corsair P3 128 GB.

Got Paragon Migrate tool to migrate my system disk to the SSD. Are there for any reason better to do a clean install vs using Paragon Migrate?

In advance, thanks.

Hi.

Is it possible to run SSD in ACHI mode with an extra HDD installed? Haven`t got the SSD yet, but this HDD got no system on it. Only backups, music, etc.

The new (waiting) SSD is Corsair P3 128 GB.

Got Paragon Migrate tool to migrate my system disk to the SSD. Are there for any reason better to do a clean install vs using Paragon Migrate?

In advance, thanks.

IMO, a clean install is ALWAYS better. If you have not looked into your migration tool, you need to be certain that it will align the partition correctly for your OS. If not, you'll lose SSD performance. A clean install avoids this.

I`ve modify my bios in AHCI mode. It went alright with value set to zero. But I got blue screen second boot. I checked my bios and my system HDD wasn`t set for second boot. I works now.

I`m looking forward to install the SSD when it arrives. Too bad it would be delivered when I`m on holiday :(:

I also had problems the first time with a Corsair SSD on AHCI setup. I have installed an OS on the SSD but forgot to unplug the HDD (that had already an OS on it). Make shore that you will do a clean install on your SSD with all your HDD unplugged.

I also had problems the first time with a Corsair SSD on AHCI setup. I have installed an OS on the SSD but forgot to unplug the HDD (that had already an OS on it). Make shore that you will do a clean install on your SSD with all your HDD unplugged.

Thanks.

I`ll remember. Actually I bought the Corsair F3 120, but returned it back (like many others). Now I`m waiting for the Corsair P3 128 drive to be delivered.

I`ve run the AHCI mode for 48 hours. And it works fine (HDD).

Archived