Corsair Community

So, what’s the resolution here, never use the white model, anyone knows what that residue is? I really need to finish some projects for work and I don’t have a replacement. Are these coolers faulty?

Ultimately, it looks like you need a replacement cooler. If it was me, I would either contact the original vendor and/or open a support ticket with Corsair using one of the methods in the link below:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=203

So, what’s the resolution here, never use the white model, anyone knows what that residue is? I really need to finish some projects for work and I don’t have a replacement. Are these coolers faulty?

Your cooler is faulty. The yellow is most likely oxidized anti-corrosive salts or sealant. Obviously this should be on the inside and there is a leak. Do not reinstall this cooler. It needs to be returned to the vendor or exchanged with Corsair as described above.

This is definitely not a common issue and it may be just coincidence to see 2 in 2 days. You will need to decide if you want to try again or select a different model. Since the white is fairly unique, that may be a compelling reason to try again.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, thanks for your replies, that’s what I did, but at the moment I am very skeptical in ordering a new Corsair cooler, and would not get the h100i Platinum, really don’t know what to do.

I understand your concern. We will want to get this taken care of. Do you have a support ticket created? If so, please private message me this information.

Hi, thanks for your replies, that’s what I did, but at the moment I am very skeptical in ordering a new Corsair cooler, and would not get the h100i Platinum, really don’t know what to do.

Just my 2 cents; I have the H100i Pro 240mm running an i5 8600K at a 5GHz overclocked and honestly, it's the most solid cooler I have ever used.

Sent the item back to Amazon, because I had a few days left on my return window, there is no damage to my system and I am glad that I caught this on time.

Also, took the chance and ordered a new unit, this time is the black version, and hopefully I have more luck. Attached is my build, with the Corsair components.

05AEBE18-DD2F-4532-BBC7-0318DC0439A6.thumb.jpeg.b421754ea881a445affc14fa506eb629.jpeg

C8752F7C-DCD5-49E8-8BAF-4E379125A80F.thumb.jpeg.efebeb0844b65cb1b0790a4d32f0e573.jpeg

Sent the item back to Amazon, because I had a few days left on my return window, there is no damage to my system and I am glad that I caught this on time.

Also, took the chance and ordered a new unit, this time is the black version, and hopefully I have more luck. Attached is my build, with the Corsair components.

Glad you got it sorted. Also, nice looking rig!

After my first H100i Platinum SE ( white version ) was leaking, less than a month after being purchased, see the thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186198, I purchased another H100i Platinum, this time the black version, the problem with this one is that I cannot mount the ML fans, because the radiator fins are covering the mounting holes (picture attached), what is going on Corsair? I cannot believe that this is happening, there are big QA problems with the new ones, and I am so frustrated, it took a long time to install, and remove the leaking unit, and right now starting over again. I should have learned from the poor reviews that this cooler has, please stay away from this piece of ...!!!

2F4E79A5-5F89-411E-AFF2-5A3683AF9AE1.thumb.jpeg.859732a71c108b2a55cfbe464081dd7a.jpeg

26C50D37-78D9-45C5-9D00-D0B58D141C95.thumb.jpeg.3dc24adfc899f5af513e4d98f22050b5.jpeg

I am not sure what you are trying to show us. If you mean there are no screw guards over the fins, that is typical for most AIO radiators and about half the aftermarket stand alone versions. If you find the screws are slightly too long (because you’re not going through the case as well), put a little rubber washer above the fan mounting hole at the screw head to effectively reduce the length. That or try and find 28mm 6-32 machine screws, which can be hard to source.

I am not sure what you are trying to show us. If you mean there are no screw guards over the fins, that is typical for most AIO radiators and about half the aftermarket stand alone versions. If you find the screws are slightly too long (because you’re not going through the case as well), put a little rubber washer above the fan mounting hole at the screw head to effectively reduce the length. That or try and find 28mm 6-32 machine screws, which can be hard to source.

The holes on the radiator are not aligned, covered with radiator fins, and cannot install the fans on the radiator.

I believe this is intended? That the fins may slightly block the screw holes. You just need to screw them in with a little more force - as long as you are using the right screws for the use case.

The screws are a certain length that they won't puncture the rad, they will just move the fins out of the way. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this was how it was for my h100i platinum SE and for a previous AIO I had as well.

If you feel a little scared about this, try mounting the fans with the screws straight onto the rad first (ie not through the case) - it will require a little force but they will move any fins that are in the way.

Archived