Corsair Community

Fix for keys typing random letters

If some of your keys are typing random strings of letters the fix below worked for me.

1 - Uninstall the Corsair CUE software and any other previous Corsair software installations. (Located in Control Panel > Programs and Features)

2 - Hold the windows key and press "R" to open the windows run command

3 - Type in %APPDATA% and press enter

4 - Delete the Corsair Folder (backup any settings or profiles if you wish by saving it somewhere else)

5 - Run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner (Run registry scan and fix all issues, backup the registry if you like)

6 - Restart your system

7 - Install the Corsair software only for your specific hardware

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/Gaming-Keyboards/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.7.78_release.msi

(azerty keyboard)

I just realized something : if I press the letter "p", it writes all the letter of its line. Example : iouyepartz, peioartuzy, pêioartuzy, ...

m will write qdfghjklsmù, %QDFGHJKLSM, ... (including Verrmaj)

: will write B?N./§CVXW> , ;:!BC?NVXW>, ,nBCVXW./§>

à will write çà&é"'(-è_)², (-è_çà')²&é", &é"'(-è_çà)²

Enter will write $*, and will also press F12.

The DOWN arrow key will also do a lot of stuff. Won't write anything, but messed up my web brower (goes in Parameter and stuff).

Edited by RatedRay

Hi,

I was about to buy K70 LUX RGB brown mx keyboard and then I found this thread. Is this issue wide spread? Are there any fixes that works for long term, or should I just wait until this issue will be resolved? This keyboard is just too expensive to have this type of issue.

Hi,

I was about to buy K70 LUX RGB brown mx keyboard and then I found this thread. Is this issue wide spread? Are there any fixes that works for long term, or should I just wait until this issue will be resolved? This keyboard is just too expensive to have this type of issue.

No, it is not a widespread issue. On forums like this one you'll find mostly only peoples that post about issues. You will rarely find someone that posts to say everything is okay (and those would be the majority if they did post).

In the rare chance you have this issue you can always RMA the keyboard and get it exchanged. I've had a K70 RGB and Strafe RGB for 2 years and never had an issue like this for example (both are brown switches too actually).

• 4 years later...