Corsair Community

K70 turns on pc?

CRAIG4FSU

Hi,all.I couldn't find anything on this before posting.

Day 3 of new K70.Very pleased thus far.My question.After shutting down my PC and all keyboard LED lights are off,i can push any button on the keyboard and it turns on my PC.Can i assign this to a specific key?I have both USB plugs in the 3.0 slots.I realize you only need one,but,after reading some of the issues people are having in this forum i figure it's functioning fine,so i'll leave it in the mean time.

No software,so,i'm not sure i have an option.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

First, no need to plug both connectors in a USB 3.0 port. Only keyboard is needed (some people report problems when using 2nd connector).

Second, I suppose you are using win7 or win8(.1). In that case, if you check the properties of the keyboard in the device manager, you'll notice in the "Power Management" tab the option to "Allow this device to wake up the computer".

Did you not want the keyboard to boot it up from sleep? If the windows solutions doesn't work, you can also change how Sleep works via your BIOS.

I like being able to turn on the PC with the keyboard,but,i don't like all the keys doing it though.I'd like to be able to choose the key.Even with the "wake from sleep" unchecked it still does it though,which is odd.

First, no need to plug both connectors in a USB 3.0 port. Only keyboard is needed (some people report problems when using 2nd connector).

I have to use BOTH connectors in my USB3 regardless if i use usb 3 or 2, so if its working then leave it working.

Well,this isn't gonna look good on my Mensa application test.Under device manger/keyboard there were 4 different entries for keyboard.Everyone of them were checked to "allow this device to wake computer":o:.

So,quandary solved.Now i just wish i could assign the wake to one button on the keyboard.

Sorry for wasting everyones time,but,thanks for the help.

Well,this isn't gonna look good on my Mensa application test.Under device manger/keyboard there were 4 different entries for keyboard.Everyone of them were checked to "allow this device to wake computer":o:.

So,quandary solved.Now i just wish i could assign the wake to one button on the keyboard.

Sorry for wasting everyones time,but,thanks for the help.

Its a bios function and I believe they just accept any key so unless your BOIS can be customized for it I'd say just use the key you want and never touch the others :laughing:

Its a bios function and I believe they just accept any key so unless your BOIS can be customized for it I'd say just use the key you want and never touch the others :laughing:

I'm having this issue also?

I checked my bios.... I have a Asus Maximus VII Gene z97 mobo and looked everywhere? I also went into device manager and unchecked "allow this device to wake up PC" ,but didn't work?. I touch any key on my k70 the PC turns on? I would like the feature to be totally turned off. I DO NOT want my k70 to turn on PC. I touch any key I mean just the slightest touch even movement in the room might turn on PC.

Please need help. I need this shut off on my keyboard. If I want PC on I would like to turn on by PC case, not keyboard:(:

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

My beloved Corsair K70 (CH-9000069-NA) bit the dust last night. Thanks in no small part to the half of a beer i spilled on it. Apparently, these are no longer in production. I can probably find this exact model somewhere, but before i do, i'm curious what model has superseded this one?

Thanks for any help.

Archived