Corsair Community

TR3X6G1866C7GTF won't run XMP profiles on X58 Classified

m0bus

Hello,

I picked up two kits of TR3X6G1866C7GTF about two weeks and finished putting my build together late last week, for the life of me I cannot get either set to be stable using the XMP 1 profile. I'm running a 975EE on a EVGA x58 Classified NF200 and with 3 x 2gb installed I set the memory to XMP1 and just let voltages on Auto at first to see where things landed. On reboot I hopped into BIOS and at the boot screen the system was only registering 4gb of memory, timings were right but the voltages were set to +350 VTT and 1.8vdimm so I backed them down to +100 VTT and 1.65vdimm and rebooted... same thing, 4gb of RAM so I let it post to Windows and then it just auto shuts down.

I also tried running each kit separately and combined at 8-8-8-20, 8-8-8-21, 8-8-8-24, 9-9-9-24 1600mhz and the most stability I could pull out of each seperate kit was ~5 minutes of LinX on their own and when combined in 12gb format at 1600mhz. Prime95 Blend fails immediately at anything above 1333 speeds and at 1600mhz with everything but VTT and Vdimm on Auto the RAM clocks itself to 11-11-11 timings. I then stripped the kits down to just a single stick and tested each one individually in each memory slot and it seems that none of the sticks liked being pushed beyond 1333 with the 975 at stock speeds.

Any ideas?

• Corsair Employee
With two sets DDR1333 or DDR1600 would be suggested and do you have the latest BIOS installed, if not I would suggest that first then load setup defaults with one set installed and XMP Profile one enabled and run http://www.memtest.org and test each set. Also check the QPI Voltage see what it is getting set to and if it is not set to 1.6-1.7 Volts let us know.

Going to run memtest86 on the modules this evening. I am running the latest BIOS posted for the 759 Classified.

Just to note that I wasn't trying to run the full 12gb at 1866 but tried each individual 6gb kit at 1866 and it did not seem to like it. I typically manually set my VDIMM to 1.65 when running XMP profiles based on the speed rating.

A friend had recommended that I check to make sure QPI Frequency as the 975 may try to be setting it to 6.400 GT/S which might be causing the memory to get out of sorts. Will try that tonight as well.

Just finished running Memtest and it generated over 40,000 errors in the first 10 seconds of running... the entire output was just solid red.

I set everything to Auto and reset the BIOS to complete defaults, put the profile to XMP1 which bumped VTT Voltage to 1.6v and DRAM to 1.65v with the proper timings and 1866 memspeed. Again on bios start it only showed 4gb and the second memtest started it was a solid wall of red errors.

Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employee

Test the modules one at a time to be sure it is not just one failing module, but if you get the same results with all of the modules I would suspect some other issue, did you check for a newer BIOS?

EDIT: I just spoke to the person who has the world record with that MB and CPU he suggested that you lower the QPI Voltage,

Just go to BIOS and load setup defaults and then enable XMP and then go set the QPI Voltage manually to .2 Volts manually that will set it to about 1.4 Volts instead of 1.6 that is set in the XMP Profile.

BIOS is the most up to date that EVGA has, I just put 6gb of g skill 1600 9-9-9-24 in the board and set them to XMP Profile 1 as well... same thing, boot up only sees 4gb of memory and the second memtest86 begins it's just a wall of errors... Looks like I've got a bad board unfortunately.

Thanks for the help, I've found the culprit and it's DIMM slot 3. Just memtested 1 dominator stick using XMP1 in DIMM1 and it was passing just fine so I moved it to DIMM3... immediate failure in memtest so it's definitely the board.

Thanks again for you help and taking the time to offer assistance!

i had similar issues with my 1866er, running 12gb on a REII.

did testing for hours and couldnt get them over 1333, until i decided to check the CPU and CPU cooler and took em apart and together. summa summarum the pressure of the cpu cooler was at fault, by the time i loosened the screws a bit (guess my dealer decided to fix the cooler with cpu forever) -- everything worked out fine by then.

i run dmoinator on Classified with S21S beta bios, and it runs just fine.

dominator 1866Mhz @ 2060Mhz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65v with i7 965 @ 4.2Ghz on air HT on.

And dominator gt 2000Mhz 7-8-7-20 @ 2010Mhz 7-8-7-20 @ 1.65v with i7 975 @ 4.3Ghz on air HT on.

i have two setups, one for benching and one is daily setup.

don't use XMP, but set you're memory locked manual, and timings also.

and see that's youre Uncore 2x your memory speed but not over 4100Mhz for instability

Archived