Corsair Community

LNP and LL120 RGB Issues

LunaticConcepts

Let me preface this by I've been searching for a couple hours trying to sort this out.

So, I'm having issues with ICUE not controlling my 4 LL120 Fans.

The fans work, they light up also. ICUE sees my LNP, ICUE also controls the RGB's on my Vengeance RAM.

Ive tried uninstall and reinstall, Ive tried using LINK, Ive tried manually installing and old firmware to the LNP and updating the unit to no avail. I also have USB Legacy Support and XHCI Handoff enabled in my BIOS.

Also a fresh install of windows as this was part of my rebuild project.

I've attached a photo of what my fans are doing as well as the ICUE program screen. They are just holding static random colors.

They are hooked up in sequence, the LNP is hooked to the fan hub, both units are hooked to the same run of SATA connectors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20190115_214149.thumb.jpg.9293e510e35fded40ccc43d7d9eb4ab9.jpg

screen.thumb.jpg.c8fbbb6a537f5ec5cb3a06cb1bc354b7.jpg

screen2.thumb.png.624b477f37c720508b3ec2e0cd1b7f4e.png

Well, that's not quite what I expected. Typically when 1 fan behaves and the rest don't, that fan is on port 1.

How much slack do you have on the cables? Outside of that, it may be necessary to exchange them.

Plenty of slack on the main power cables and the RGB cables. Ive tried another fan I have in the box and still does the same thing. I reckon the LNP could be bad. I purchased the 3 fan kit plus two extra fans.

EDIT: No spiral on any fan, little typo on previous reply.

Plenty of slack on the main power cables and the RGB cables. Ive tried another fan I have in the box and still does the same thing. I reckon the LNP could be bad. I purchased the 3 fan kit plus two extra fans.

EDIT: No spiral on any fan, little typo on previous reply.

mmm ... not sure that it's be the LNP or none of them would work correctly. It's odd that the last fan in the chain is the only one that works as the fans operate in series.

mmm ... not sure that it's be the LNP or none of them would work correctly. It's odd that the last fan in the chain is the only one that works as the fans operate in series.

The last fan doesn't work, it just happens to be another combination of colors. Just to clarify none of the fans RGB functions change from the app. However the app will change the the Vengeance RGB's

Update, I purchased a commander pro(I want to add more corsair stuff in the future) and ICUE doesnt even detect the CP. USBDEVIEW sees Generic USB HUB when I unplug and plug it back in. I get the USB device sound from windows. I feel like I may have other issues but im stumped.

EDIT: I think I have terrible luck. Seems like my CP is DOA. It's not powering on. I plugged an extra fan into it and nothing. Odd thw windows would see it still. Still dont know why the LNP wont control my fans. Maybe all 5 of my fans are bad since they wont even default to the rainbow effect.

Si, I'm fairly certain I've got 5 bad fans and a bad copro. I picked up another 3 pack(on sale locally and wanted to add some more cooling) and I hooked them up and 2 of those three work. 1 popped immediately after plugging it in so only a couple of those leds work. This is highly frustrating. Pretty disappointed in Corsair products right about now.

However now with 2 of the good, properly function new fans plugged in to 1 & 2 of the hub, and the prior fans plugged in after that they only have 1 LED per fan lighting up.

I also confirmed my first LNP and Fan Hub works just fine.

Archived