The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2017, 08:30 AM

POST ID # = 920865
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Try plugging the mouse without CUE running in the background. Does that change anything?
Does the mouse cause other computers to freeze when connected?

Old 09-24-2017, 01:48 PM
ZaW208's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921032
ZaW208 Reputation: 10

I also have the problem but inside of Battlefield 1. What happens is a slowing down and jerkyness or delay of movement. The framerates don't in fact drop. If you turn on FRAPS or in came FPS utility you'll see your video card is working just fine. For a while I had thought it was Chrome running in the background causing the issue but now have determined it's all been the CUE or Corsair hardware I am using; Strafe keyboard, Glave RGB(I purchased this because I was seeing if the R65 was causing the issue).

Since I went and did some changes in Power Settings for USB as recommended on the Oculus Rift forums, it has helped quiet a bit. I think it has to do with the USBs being put to sleep at random periods. Although my Glaive doesn't turn Yellow. I'd like to prevent that as well when my PC isn't used for a period of time.

Following this thread for info. I hope we find a solution soon.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:19 PM
ZaW208's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921039
ZaW208 Reputation: 10

As posted in another thread, but regarding overloading the GPU at times. It might help and I hope it does.

"Try disabling CUE SDK; maybe some third-party program is trying to visualize your screen using CUE? Or are you using the VOID playback visualizer in basic CUE?"

Old 10-31-2017, 01:33 PM

POST ID # = 925025
McClacks Reputation: 10

I am having the exact same issues - running OW at 60fps with no dropped frames. Purchased a K70 LUX and it is now starting to drop frames when it gets hectic. Tried uninstalling CUE, changing the polling rate, different USBs, mouse plugged in pass-thru or directly - whichever way I try it with the K70 plugged in I'm losing frames when I shouldn't be.

The fact that the issue remains regardless of CUE being installed makes me think it might be a USB issue?

Did the issue ever get identified/resolved? Gutted as the keyboard is great.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:29 PM
tonytheterrible's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950274
tonytheterrible Reputation: 10

I've ended up here as having the exact same issue.
Cue is bouncing around in performance monitor at 62-ish threads and I've actually timed it as an event that happens exactly every 10 minutes. That's how i spotted it was CUE.exe

The computer hesitates and mouse speed slows down as if my sensitivity has been adjusted down for about 2 or 3 seconds then recovers and fine for another 10 mins.
After I updated cue recently the problem seemed to clear for a day but has come back again.

The period where it seemed to have gotten better CUE.exe was only showing using 40 threads in performance monitor if that helps anyone diagnose it.

Using a k95 RGB platinum Mx speed.

Last edited by tonytheterrible; 04-14-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:12 PM

POST ID # = 976139
spider623 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytheterrible View Post
I've ended up here as having the exact same issue.
Cue is bouncing around in performance monitor at 62-ish threads and I've actually timed it as an event that happens exactly every 10 minutes. That's how i spotted it was CUE.exe

The computer hesitates and mouse speed slows down as if my sensitivity has been adjusted down for about 2 or 3 seconds then recovers and fine for another 10 mins.
After I updated cue recently the problem seemed to clear for a day but has come back again.

The period where it seemed to have gotten better CUE.exe was only showing using 40 threads in performance monitor if that helps anyone diagnose it.

Using a k95 RGB platinum Mx speed.

i have being searching for a solution for almost 2 years, there is only one thead with a solution and no one has access to see the solution if it even works, in my case it even even makes the mmo i play an playable, frame drops, the scimitar pressing random keys, losing it's profile, ironically the linux opensource versions of the cue that have nothing to do with corsair don't have this issue, do note that this goes from ciu 1 to icue, so yeah, no idea what they are doing

Tags
cue