Corsair Community

MACRO Programming WITHOUT CUE

rnio

Hi There,

my understanding is that one can assign key-press sequences to any key using the MR key ...

While running CUE this works ...

BUT when CUE is NOT running ... any programming seems to "not sick" ?!

I tried to assign a macro to a few keys whith CUE running ... tested ... all OK ... SAVED TO DEVICE ... and exit CUE ... ==> NOTHING

BTW, I assigned macros to the G-Keys as well as some F-Keys ...

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

According to the PRESS release it should be possible to programm and access macros WITHOUT CUE:

The keyboard includes 18 dedicated macro keys that can be programmed via software or on-the-fly, and macros and lighting profiles can be stored in onboard flash memory.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company/press-release/next-gen-corsair-vengeance-gaming-keyboard-and-mice-unleashed

That is correct ... but this is like saying the MX-RED can not be assigned a macro ...

RGB is just a different mechanical switch ... more colors ... but the underlying mechanics are still the same ==> macro programming without cue should still be possible.

At least one should be able to use CUE to create / assign a macro and when saved to the device it should be available when CUE is closed.

"Onboard memory to take performance and lighting settings with you

Do you take your gaming to go? Built-in storage lets you set it up once, and take it anywhere."

<- when its advertised like this and no where stating that cue is required, before purchasing it is very misleading

on-board memory means on-board memory not hybrid on-board or kinda on-board - I can understand some macros not being able to run onboard but at least give it basic keystrokes

ps my mr button dosen't function at all have to do all my keystroke records from que

• Corsair Employee
"Onboard memory to take performance and lighting settings with you

Do you take your gaming to go? Built-in storage lets you set it up once, and take it anywhere."

<- when its advertised like this and no where stating that cue is required, before purchasing it is very misleading

on-board memory means on-board memory not hybrid on-board or kinda on-board - I can understand some macros not being able to run onboard but at least give it basic keystrokes

ps my mr button dosen't function at all have to do all my keystroke records from que

The performance settings refers to the performance tab in CUE while the lighting settings refer to the background static lighting. Unfortunately there isn't enough onboard memory to save actions or foreground lighting.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived