Corsair Community

Double keypress on Return key

snowy2015

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has experienced something similar to what is happening to me (and has a fix for it) ?

I have a K95 RGB Cherry Blue edition - bought about 3 months ago in the UK.

About 30% of the time when I press the large return key, it inserts 2 returns rather than one.

No other key appears to "bounce" like this - Has anyone got any ideas before I go through the returns process please ?

go to the FAQ in my signature and find key chatter. Follow instructions

Thanks zheren159, What should I set the Chatter Threshold to in Switch Hitter to verify if I have a problem ?

BTW: Earlier today, instead of swapping USB ports, I changed the polling rate switch down a notch, waited for Windows to recognise the keyboard, and the changed it back again. Since then it the issue doesn't seem to have happened.

Oh... and great FAQ :)

Ok, done some testing with Switch hitter at various polling rates as per zheren159's instructions.

At a Chatter Threshold of 30, with various polling rates I get chatter on multiple keys.

If I change the Chatter Threshold to 20 or below, I don't get any chatter.

Does mean an RMA ?

Ok, done some testing with Switch hitter at various polling rates as per zheren159's instructions.

At a Chatter Threshold of 30, with various polling rates I get chatter on multiple keys.

If I change the Chatter Threshold to 20 or below, I don't get any chatter.

Does mean an RMA ?

I never used switch hitter i just know its what everyone recommends for testing key chatter.

But seeing as resetting the keyboard seems to have fixed the issue i wouldnt RMA it. Just use it normally and see if the problem pops up again. You have a 2 year warranty so your covered for quite a while and dont forget you have to pay for shipping back to Corsair.

Archived