Corsair Community

Problem with new update.

ChuCho

I just updated the software to the lastest version, that is 1.5.108

http://puu.sh/hryVh/b86d666761.png

Tried using it for an hour, and realized the lightning freezes when i use it for like.. 5 min, and when i come back to the corsair software and see the keyboard status it appears like "Malfunction" when my keyboard works perfectly fine.

The funny fact is that when i restart the software, the program of corsair, it start working fine again, showing all the lightning profiles, etc. So.. i think its not a problem of my hardware, of my keyboard, because it started doing that with the new update, and if its damaged, the logical thing would be the keyboard not working well everytime... but when i restart the program its like nothing happened. Status is fine and lightning is fine.

So i dont get it. Btw i have 1.20 firmware version and when i try the 16.1 mil colours it lags a bit. But i dont care. i want the other problem solved because i cant be restarting the program each 5-10 min because the lightning froze.

Thanks!

This might be a new issue, did you have this problem with the old CUE? and might as well as resolve the issue now lol. Ill get someone to move it later.

no, i have this issue since i installed the new version of the CUE. Thats why i think its not a hardware problem but a problem of the new update. Lets see if they fix it because ive seen a lot of posts about things like this.. and my problem is really anoying.

http://puu.sh/hrAYi/c7150b47f0.png

hiya!

is your motherboard fully up to date?

cause we have seen lighting lagg, stutter, slow down, malfunctions due to a motherboard not being fully up to date.

yeah, just checked it and i have the lastest version of all, i just reinstaled Etron USB3.0 Host Controller.

If you can update your hardware profile, it'd be a great help to future users for reference.

Ive been using it for some hours and it keep doing the same, randomly lightning freezing, and the same "Malfunction" message.

I have already 1.20 hardware version, what do you mean by "update your hardware profile"?

Have you tried using the USB 2.0 ports instead of the 3.0?

trying right now, but i dont know... wasnt the freeze issue fixed with the new update? why am i getting it now? after the update and not before it... i dont care about the 16.8m colors actually. I just want my keyboard working fine as was in the nearly past. Thats why i asked for a downgrade of the hardware and sorfware version.

• Corsair Employee
trying right now, but i dont know... wasnt the freeze issue fixed with the new update? why am i getting it now? after the update and not before it... i dont care about the 16.8m colors actually. I just want my keyboard working fine as was in the nearly past. Thats why i asked for a downgrade of the hardware and sorfware version.

It was fixed and we've tried dozens of different systems to confirm. It's more than likely it isn't a software/firmware issue but moreso with your USB. I don't mind giving you the previous versions of FW or SW but its not ideal as you'll never get any updates/enhancements in the future if we don't find the source of the problem.

It was fixed and we've tried dozens of different systems to confirm. It's more than likely it isn't a software/firmware issue but moreso with your USB. I don't mind giving you the previous versions of FW or SW but its not ideal as you'll never get any updates/enhancements in the future if we don't find the source of the problem.

Well.. i really apreciate you effort. Ive been doing some things, reinstalling some drivers, reinstalling CUE, etc. And for now, it has been almost 1 day without having freeze problems. So i hope they wont appear again, because that was my unique problem with the keyboard, im in love with it, looks gorgeous. Thats why im not happy with having a problem with it.

• Corsair Employee
Well.. i really apreciate you effort. Ive been doing some things, reinstalling some drivers, reinstalling CUE, etc. And for now, it has been almost 1 day without having freeze problems. So i hope they wont appear again, because that was my unique problem with the keyboard, im in love with it, looks gorgeous. Thats why im not happy with having a problem with it.

Understandable, I dislike it when there are issues too that impacts the overall user experience. Hopefully things stay stable.

Archived