Corsair Community

Firmware fail?

zorexilore

updating SSD to firmware 2.0 and failed?

Is there something wrong with the firmware update or my computer or is it just me who's stupid?

I recently formated my computer and now I'm using my SSD as a boot drive and for demanding (I think that's how you say it) programs/games and my HDD as a storage drive and I also got a second HDD for backup but it's not in use.

After I had installed the OS I wasn't able to enable AHCI and I can't update the firmware.

When enabling the AHCI I get disk boot error on boot.

When updating firmware

1.I'm browsing for "Corsair_Force_SSD_FW_Update_2.0.pkg".

2. I select the SSD.

3. I click "Download Firmware to Selected Drive"

4. computer restart and in boot I get disk boot error...

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

sorry if my English is bad.

• Corsair Employees

There is also a sticky on how to check/change the AHCI setting in Windows.

But I would try booting the system with another HDD and use this drive as a second HDD and try the update as Wired stated by running as an Administrator.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back with some bad news, I still can't get my drive to update the firmware.

I tried to update it on my server computer but nope, I couldn't find the drive even if I ran as admin.

I tried the first method with my desktop and my whole computer freezed for an hour and then I turned it off.

When I try the alternative method it says "Firmware for this drive not found in the package" when I click "Download firmware to Selected Drive"

Please help me.

Problem solved!

I read that sticky you told me about RAM GUY about how to enable AHCI and then I tried it and it all worked very smoothly.

I then tried to do the firmware update again one last time, and then BAM!

The computer restarted and I got a disk boot failure at first but then I restarted again and it all worked properly.

Many thanks you guys!

Archived