Corsair Community

Asus a7n8x, Dual DDR.

spin

Okey here's the deal, I'm new to all this, but I really want to learn. Anyway, my system is: Asus A7N8X. Amd Athlon XP 3000+ 400 Mhz FSB. Ati Radeon 9700 Pro. 512 MB Twinmos DDR 400. I'm going to buy some new memory, and I want to take advantage of the DUAL DDR. I also want to Overclock my memory because I play lots of games. Any way, wich memory is more recomended? TWINX512-3200LL wich is 2 X 256 MB. And this is memory made for Dual channel Motherboards right? Or should I buy 2 CMX256A-3200LL instead? It said that this memory is made for gaming and so, is this a better choise? But if I buy 2 CMX256A-3200LL, will I take advantage of the dual memory? Plz help me I'm confused.

The RAM you listed are both XMS256-3200LL modules. The only difference is that the TWINX is tested together and sold as a pair. Either way they'll both run DC, although I recommend going with the TWINX. My only question is, why would you replace 512 of RAM with 512? Even if your're only using 1 stick now, you'll really see no noticable perfomance increase. If your looking for a true upgrade consider the TWINX1024-3200LL.

So you're saying that even if I go dubble DDR I won't see any difference? But according to the benchmark on [url]http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/specs/twinx512-3200ll.pdf[/url] it should boost the speed real nice right? And the fact that you can OC the corsair memory good and all. Won't I be able to play gamed with lot's of more FPS? I can't afford the 1024 3200 LL.

Benchmarking programs show results in numbers. To physically see or notice a difference may be minute at best. Put it this way, could you really tell the difference if a game ran at 60 FPS or 75 FPS? Technically there will be a performance increase. 512MB of DDR 400 is 512MB of DDR 400 DC or not (my opinion) It's a fine chioce if your finances limit it. It was just "my" recommedation to go with the 1024. Either way the TWINX512-3200LL won't disappoint. Another option would be to buy another 512 stick of what you already have. (really hate to say that on a Corsair forum)

Archived