Corsair Community

Buying Obsidian 500D RGB SE - which fans to supplement?

The Obsidian 500D RGB SE comes with 3 x LL120 RGB fans.

I am buying one more LL120 to go as rear fan

But the 'Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler' comes with ML fans

http://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series™-RGB-Platinum/p/CW-9060039-WW

unless I am buying the white model, which I dont want:

http://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series™-H100i-RGB-PLATINUM-SE-240mm-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060041-WW

Should I buy three more LL120 fans to go with the cooler?

If you want the best RGB experience, buy transparent fanblade versions. I bought the ML 140 and while they are “OK” powerful, I am disappointed terms of RGB colors. LL 120 versions , not sure if they are milky white or transparent, but better buy identical as the ones on the rig you buy

The cooler comes with the fans disconnected anyway. You can put LL series fans on instead. Since you're putting a 120 LL on the back, getting a three pack will also get you an additional LED hub and node pro.

You need all the same type of fans in each hub / copro channel anyway. So that would be best. You could get a 280mm top rad too and put some 140LLs on it too (thats what i did).

Ok, thanks. But is it even possible to change fans on the H100i? And why doesn't Corsair have a black cpu cooler with LL120 fans to supplement the Obsidian 500D RGB, which comes with LL120?

I was in the exact same situation as you. Bought the H115i RGB Platinum only to turn around and remove the ML fans and replace them with the LL fans to match the case fans. Frustrating spending $160 for a cooler only to turn around and remove $60 worth of fans and add another $60 worth of fans to it...Works out well for Corsair though. I would prefer the ML fans; however, the LL fans look better with the light ring and you can add more effects with them.

2eRL9ZYs.jpg

Archived