Corsair Community

Failed firmware update (5.07)

walksonpoo

HI,

I would like to find out if anyone else is having issues with the new update 5.07 on there Force GS 360 SSD? I've included 2 screenshots. Seems when i try to update, it downloads it, but fails when it tries the update.

I've tried to search the matter, but seems that i cant really find the answer. Sorry if this question has already been answered.

Untitled.jpg.05c38590067c86e518adbb57f35402f1.jpg

Untitled1.jpg.e64c00d8e3dbecdfadb7facdae6cc95c.jpg

Thanks a lot for the 5.07 firmware update through the Corsair SSD Toolbox.I have a Corsair Force 3 120gb drive and the update completed successfully using the toolbox.

As for your problem make sure that your ssd is connected to the intel sata port on your motherboard and set in ahci mode in bios.In windows uninstall IRST and let your pc restart as prompted so the default Microsoft SATA AHCI gets installed.If you haven't got the IRST software installed select Device Manager in the Control panel and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers right click on the Intel SATA AHCI Controller click on properties then on the Driver tab click on uninstall and make sure you check the box Delete the driver software for this device and click on ok then follow the restarts of your pc as prompted by Windows.Once finished run the Corsair SSD Toolbox and update the firmware it should complete successfully after completed restart your pc and re-install your IRST software again and everything should be ok to make sure Download the AS SSD Benchmark utility if you haven't got it and run it the app should state ATA Corsair Force GS 360 5.07 (the firmware).

I have exactly the same situation (as described by the originator of the thread). The system is Lenovo Thinkpad W510, Windows 8 and Force GS 360. The signature is 142-142-27480.

I wanted to upgrade the driver because I do have problems after I installed this SSD. The one I observed several times was "frozen" Windows Explorer. Possibly some other software too.

Removal of Intel's RST and driver failed. The system rebooted without RST, but after I uninstalled the driver (with files deletion) Windows reported an error and eventually restored itself, bringing both pieces of Intel's software back.

5.05a (I have never upgraded it).

This is Thinkpad w510 under Windows 8.

I checked to make sure if everything was up to date and tried to remove IRST and driver without rebooting in between, just for a change. No luck. The system said it was not able to boot (twice), then tried one more time and offered autorestore, which, of course, brought all the Intel's stuff back. Going like this I will probably end up with broken OS, and I don't have time to mess with the backups at the moment. I mean, spending couple hours to bring the system back to SSD after every failed experiment is just more than I can afford.

Thanks for the replies guys....

As of right now, im still unable to update the firmware, using ANY of my SATA ports on my mobo. And i have made sure i have the latest chipset drivers too. I have also tried other cables just to make sure. It still fails when it starts the update.

This is Lenovo Thinkpad W510, Windows 8 and Force GS 360. The signature is 142-142-27480. Current version 5.05a, no luck trying to upgrade to 5.07. Situation is exactly like the one which you described walksonpoo, except I tried and could not get rid of Intel's RST and driver. Windows would not replace substitute Microsoft driver. It failed to start, then auto-restored.

Right now I have couple frozen Explorers, maybe this happens after hibernation. I have no direct proof that SSD is the culprit, it just started to happen after I installed it.

Archived