Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A - BSODs Prime95 error

blenky

Hi

I have a 2 module 8 GB of Corsair Vengence installed as part of a PC upgrade. Since the upgrade I've been plagued with BSODs.

I've done all the upgrades, tests and checks but strugling to find the cause.

I've just run Prime95 (blend test) and after 3.5 hours one of the 'workers' failed with the following

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Does anyone know if this is an indication of bad memory?

Thanks

No, one rounding error in 3.5hrs is in not an indicator of bad memory.

If you want to check memory use memtest and run each stick individually in the first slot . Let them run for about 4 passes or until you get an error. (IF) There is a link on the left hand side of the forums to grab it if you need it.

With ASUS MB's make sure you disable USB legacy support in your BIOS before hand. It can cause false positives in memtest.

No, one rounding error in 3.5hrs is in not an indicator of bad memory.

If you want to check memory use memtest and run each stick individually in the first slot . Let them run for about 4 passes or until you get an error. (IF) There is a link on the left hand side of the forums to grab it if you need it.

With ASUS MB's make sure you disable USB legacy support in your BIOS before hand. It can cause false positives in memtest.

Thanks. I have ready run memtest on each stick for hours with no errors. Now what? Could it be the CPU or a faulty motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived