Corsair Community

Corsair Force GT 120 Unstable/Slow

xboxps2gba

I just installed a Corsair Force GT 120 in my computer tonight and already it crashes often and gets ~440MB/s in ATTO benchmark while most people get ~550MB/s. I have an ASRock X58 Extreme 3 mobo and am certain it's plugged into port 1 of the Sata III (6gbps). Before I did anything I updated my mobo firmware, made sure it's set to AHCI, updated the Force GT to 1.3.3 and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on it. I have not installed any programs on it and it's been sometimes crashing at the windows 7 splash screen and when trying to open Internet Explorer and a few folders. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do to fix this or do I have a faulty drive?

thanks,

Jim

I just installed a Corsair Force GT 120 in my computer tonight and already it crashes often and gets ~440MB/s in ATTO benchmark while most people get ~550MB/s.

The speed difference is related to SATA3 Marvell controller, you won't see any faster speeds unless you connect it to a native AMD/Intel SATA3 controller. The Marvell controller seems to be buggy, resulting in poor performance. Your carshing issues may be related to this controller as well. Connect your SSD to the very first port of your native AMD SATA2 controller and see if this will help.

Archived