Corsair Community

Spilled liquid on K55 RGB keyboard

UnTalented

I spilled tea on my K55 Corsair keyboard, I unplugged it about 2-4 seconds after, it came on the numpad/arrow keys area, maybe some somewhere else close to there too ((not far up, if so more to the left)).

I took of the keys to clean them, tried to dry the keyboard out by opening the keyboard and clean the tea away on the non-electric parts where they came, it reached the RGB led parts, but i managed to clean it way, but the "plastic" that detects the keypresses wasn't too bad, only some tea on it, I didn't really clean it out really good, because I was scared it would spread and maybe damage more. The thing I'm concerned about is that if I have to clean it even more, even though it's fully dry there (the tea was very thin, barely no sugar in). I plugged it in after fully drying and putting it together ((even let it dry in place for a few hours before trying it)), while trying it, it seemed fine where the liquid came. The only thing I noticed, was that the keyboard ((I think)) randomly just locked my computer and made it completely freeze until I plugged it out ((maybe something with the drivers??)). I don't wanna plug it in right away, but is there something else I should make sure is done before plugging it in again?..

I'd really appreciate an quick answer.

Also:

Whenever I press any macro keys ((except G5 or G6)) my computer spasses out and locks itself and stuff, whenever I press G1 my computer spasses out and tries to shutdown, is there something I need to fix? ((I know for a fact I haven't recorded any macro key. This doesn't occur whenever I have the CUE software on, since it is extremely laggy ((makes my computer lag a lot)).

Thanks in beforehand //UnTalented

Archived