Corsair Community

Performance3 64GB BSOD issue

hscsd

Hello,

I've got some issues with the drive mentioned in the title. It has run just fine untill now(6 months or so). Initially the system would crash if let to idle (garbage collection causing the hang?) and the drive would not be found by the bios afterwards. A full power down however would reset things to as usual.

I cleared up some stuff even though the drive had 15GB of free space. The issues went away due to TRIM maybe? Now scanning the windows/system32 folder with Microsoft Security Essentials will crash the system and make the drive not show up. So the question is can windows cause the drive to not show up after reset or is the drive bad.

All power saving features are disabled (including hdd power down, pcie link state). The drive is connected via Asus u3s6 card.

Here is a YouTube clip of what is happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61tyWnxhGMA

Any ideas guys? :sigh!:

Yes I am a Asus u3s6 card and yes it has Marvell controller(with latest drivers I could find).

The drive is connected via Asus u3s6 card.

Sure I can try that, but why does it behave like this?

Nothing else I do will crash the SSD for now...:bigeyes:

There's no new fw I could try?

Marvell Controllers are not good. They don't provide support/driver updates to the public.

-Try turning off Link State Power management.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings\Change advanced power settings>PCI Express>Link State Power management>Off.

Yes I have now tried the native sata ports. Not much help. Running the virus scanner from different installation of windows 7 (another drive) the machine won't BSOD but the process hangs. The drive won't disappear though!

Why does BSOD turn off the drive? Is Windows instructing it to do that?

Do you think the fact that I cannot leave the computer running overnight is basis for RMA ?

BSOD doesn't occur at fixed intervals. So most mornings the system is reporting disk boot failure and on a good day everything is just fine.

Archived