Corsair Community

How to set keyboard macro to double tap a key as hold?

bingalucks

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to set one of my keys on my keyboard to where if I double tap that key, it will hold that key down.

I'd like to have the ability to hold this key manually as well as have the ability to double tap this key and let my finger off of it so it can hold itself after the double tap.

Like for example, if I manually hold Ctrl, it'll act as normal as I am holding and release when I release. When I double tap Ctrl, it will hold the Ctrl button down without me needing to hold the key anymore.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I have a Corsair K70 and tried using the iCUE software to set the macro but I can't seem to get it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

you would need either windows sticky keys (maybe? but i just perused it and dont think that is your answer) or autohotkey.

Very doable in AHK but not within icue unless each key remapped to a repeat profile - and somehow back. Each Key would need to be bound to a macro which repeats that key with a specified delay with repeat set to constantly and while pressed

I don't know if that would work but I definitely think it'd be unreliable using icue only as the profile switch takes some time (maybe 400-500 Ms sometimes) but you could end up wanting it more immediately if you are talking about every key.

Archived