Corsair Community

Compatbillity issues using Twin2x4096-6400C5 G x2 (8gb total)

1 Duck

I recently contacted shuttle about a BSOD issue where my computer would crash then show the BSOD error.

They suggested I try 1 pair(4gb) of memory, this worked fine. I also tested both pairs of memories seperately, 4gb in, 4gb out and alternating.

They then said I should try 4 identical modules from brand vendors such as Samsung, Infineon, Aeneon, Micron, Hynix, Nanya, Elpida and Powerchip. However I have not tried this because I do not want to spend money out incase I cannot return the product if need be.

So if anyone could shed some light on whether or not 8gb of this type of memory with run in my machine I would be very greatful.

The shuttle case itself can run 8gb but of what brand I am not sure of.

If any additional information is needed please ask :).

Thankyou for replying.

Do you mean I should replace the memory physically, ie buy another 2 pairs which run DDR667, or do you mean I should go into the BIOS and reduce the current 800 to 667?

I was unable to change the NB/MCH/SPP Voltate because I am unsure what my current voltage is, as it does not say in the BIOS.

Also, could the processor be causing a problem? It is currently running at 333x9 which rounds up to 3.0ghz as it should however I am not sure whether the ratio is correct for this machine.

Thanks again.

Edit: Managed to put it down to 667 using a different ratio, but problem still happens.

The shuttle case is said to be able to run 8gb memory of 800, shuttle seem to believe it is down to compatibillity between the two modules, I ordered 2x 4GB kits so they think it could be the chipsets within them which is causing the BSOD errors and overall not working.

Can you tell me if I ordered two sets of 4gb kits would the chipsets be identical?

Oh and setting the memory to 667 at 1.35v still caused BSOD errors, which is why I wonder if it is compatibillity itself between the two kits.

Archived