Corsair Community

Do You even quality check at Corsair, or not at all?

DarkAvenger

Greetings,

Foremost, and with all severity and gravity. I do not mean to spout out some nonsense, or simply scold or swear on Corsair, but...

...there's always a but, right?

Few days ago, my long dreamed Corsair Hydro Series h110i gt has arrived. Finally. This cooler is indeed a beautiful piece of hardware. Yes, it's weaker performance-wise compared to Kraken X61, but Kraken X61 is design-wise just a poor excuse for a watercooling AiO [it's my current watercooling system, since there were some issues with h110i gt].

I would love to ask Corsair, or some of the Corsair's competent staff, does Corsair even Quality Check?

http://uplink.sk/corsair/1.png

With all due respect, I don't think this is a state, of a checked product. Not at all. More likely, it's a state of advanced state of decay of the product.

http://uplink.sk/corsair/4.png

Come on now, really? 4 holes are moved by 1,5-2mm from the norm hole system. This isn't even possible, with at least basic quality check. Are those hand made? Don't You use CNC machines to drill holes into Your radiator brackets?

http://uplink.sk/corsair/2.png

This isn't a faulty piece of a radiator. This is a mementic message from a worker in Corsair, or some bad sort of joke, or revenge.

http://uplink.sk/corsair/3.png

It's impossible for Corsair, to sell this, what's present on the pictures. It's outrageous.

Not only I wasted 2 hours of time, money for taxi, but wasted another 4 hours of installation with Corsair, and putting back the noisy Kraken X61.

I'm so tired of this. Please, do something about it. Don't punish workers. Do something about the quality check, or something, anything.

- 4 holes are misplaced and dislocated

- radiator is beat to pulp, right out of the box

- usb cable with USB header is short, it's half the size of what it's suppose to be [i reckon it's suppose to be the same lenght as the one on X61, since it's some kind of a standard]

- usb connector is on a wrong side of the water cooler. I can't connect it, because it goes way up to the radiator + I can't go way back, besides SLi GTX 970.

Guys, this is a disaster. Please, don't sell products, that bear a strong sign of a revenge, anger, and mutiny. Please, for Gods' sake, pay some cash for Quality Check, don't let these out, this is simply horrible and unacceptable :/

Your faithful, but extremely dissapointed customer,

Bryan

My H110 GT will be delivered sometime tomorrow by UPS. I will post some fresh out of the box pics to compare with your bashed in radiator and give my review input on the subject. Later, in a new thread, I will post pics of the custom installation in my case.

P.S. They obviously used a mint radiator to sell the product according to Newegg's pics, so it will be interesting to see what kind of quality I will get for a brand spanking new purchased item from Newegg, too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181088&cm_re=corsair_gt_h110i-_-35-181-088-_-Product

:...:

Don't take me wrong, but even those on newegg are a bit bumped up. Not like mine, not even close, but still. Mint is mine from NZXT [Kraken X61].

http://uplink.sk/corsair/mint.png

I personally don't understand, why do they create the ribs so soft, or why do they damage them. It's not like a 50 cent product, that won't matter how it looks.

But they have the holes right :) on newegg. Mine aren't.

• Corsair Employee

We do QC our H110i GT, that's why you can buy it in the first place.

First, it is nigh impossible to ship a radiator without bent fins. Those fins are incredibly thin and made of aluminum, they will bend if they get manhandled in any way. Even ultra high end copper radiators will have this issue, but it's cosmetic and shouldn't have any measurable impact on performance.

Second, hole spacing on 280mm radiators is not standardized. I don't know which case you're using but the spacing on our 280mm coolers is 20mm in the center; some 280mm coolers are 15mm. That's why your mounting of the H110i GT is offset like that.

Third, I haven't heard of any issues with the cable length of our USB cable. Assuming the block is mounted correctly, the cable is designed to wrap up through the AUX12V cable routing hole above the motherboard, run down behind the motherboard tray, and then emerge from a cable routing hole below the motherboard to connect to the USB 2.0 headers there.

A high end radiator has less fins or no fins bent, because of the way it got packed, I had 4 rads and none had the fins bent, You should always take a rad at the side, never where the fins are.You can always bent the fins back.When you screw in the screws of the fans, you also will bent the fins where the fan hole is, this is normal with the Corsair H coolers.

The holes should be 15mm but some times companies use 20mm, Normally the new cases have the holes for 15 and 20mm so you can use 15 or 20mm distance. But Corsair should mention that they use 20mm instead of 15mm at there specifications. The usb cable is the same length as the older Hxx i versions and is long enough to reach the bottom usb port of a mainboard, usb go above/behind the mobo tray/comes out at the bottom, goes to the usb mainboard, the H110iGT has the usb on a good spot at the pump,almost nobody has trouble with that, the H100igtx has it at a strange place. Before I buy something I always check the reviews and take a good look if the item had the right sizes and if I can use it.. You can always send it back to the retailer and ask him to send a H100i gtx or a H105.Besides you can't compare a +/- 125 dollar/euro cooler to have the same Quality copper fins as a high end radiator from +/- 100dollar/euro. But Corsair QC is decent, got a H80i/H100i here with out any bent fins,sometimes the QC is not so perfect, happens with every company, it's mostly a human error then.

Great news. My radiator is as mint as far as radiator fins goes. I took it outside to get more sunlight to show up on it and the splotchy paint on the fins (not the obvious see through shadow) makes it look nonuniform which is typical and expected so no points deducted there, but in reality it is perfectly fine. Looks absolutely mint indoors.

http://s17.postimg.org/bgpbnwosf/Corsair_H110i_GT_rad_pic.jpg

I'm off to to do some custom installation work!

:loveeyes:

Greetings sir Dustin,

Right upfront, thank You for Your thorough answer.

I'll try to be as short, and as precise, as I can.

I had a talk with resellers employee, and he was, as I was, terrified by the condition of the radiator. We both carefully inspected the box, and the inner box, and we found no signs of exterior damage, also the damaged parts were in places, where no other contents of the box collide.

Secondly, he confirmed me, that Fractal Define XL R2 can hold Corsair H110, I know it's not H110i GT, but come on, You really changed the hole standard from precedessor, to successor? I don't think so.

Thirdly, I really had the shorter cable, it's not standard Corsair cable, that comes with the products, because he had there 2 more on RMA, and I compared them. The one on RMA were about twice as long.

Also, the cable connector side, is on the other side as it's on Kraken X61. No matter from what side I install it, it's always on the "wrong" side of the case, never on the one, closer to USB headers, or case holes.

As I said, I'm not trying to attack here on Corsair, or it's emplyees. I just know from my clients, and my own experience, that Corsair is an excellent brand, what about many products, but watercoolers are so faulty, always were, and I hope that they won't be in the future.

I got a full refund, with everything, so I'm happy. I just wish I could've had the h110i, because it's much nicer compared to Kraken X61, which has those thin tubes and weird sound of the pump.

Nice piece corvey. I'm really glad that Your one came just fine! :) Maybe it's the "ostblock" thingie, that we have some inferior products here, God knows. [i'm from Slovakia]

Saltuations Ahtlon. Well, to be honest, I checked so many reviews, that there's noting more to review, just to try out myself. You also mentioned something about 15 and 20 mm. We're talking about something, and something +1,2-2mm, different in each hole. Please look at my photo. You can see the holes in there, they just don't fit.

• Corsair Employee
Greetings sir Dustin,

Right upfront, thank You for Your thorough answer.

I'll try to be as short, and as precise, as I can.

I had a talk with resellers employee, and he was, as I was, terrified by the condition of the radiator. We both carefully inspected the box, and the inner box, and we found no signs of exterior damage, also the damaged parts were in places, where no other contents of the box collide.

Secondly, he confirmed me, that Fractal Define XL R2 can hold Corsair H110, I know it's not H110i GT, but come on, You really changed the hole standard from precedessor, to successor? I don't think so.

We did not and this is where I'm starting to get suspicious of your supplier.

Thirdly, I really had the shorter cable, it's not standard Corsair cable, that comes with the products, because he had there 2 more on RMA, and I compared them. The one on RMA were about twice as long.

I haven't heard of any changes to the cable we're using, so the fact that you had a non-standard cable should be a red flag.

Also, the cable connector side, is on the other side as it's on Kraken X61. No matter from what side I install it, it's always on the "wrong" side of the case, never on the one, closer to USB headers, or case holes.

I'd have to see a picture.

As I said, I'm not trying to attack here on Corsair, or it's emplyees. I just know from my clients, and my own experience, that Corsair is an excellent brand, what about many products, but watercoolers are so faulty, always were, and I hope that they won't be in the future.

Except the watercoolers...aren't. We've had a bit of trouble launching our current series (GT/GTX), but those kinks have been worked out. Corsair Link software is a little troublesome, we'll certainly cop to that too. But

I got a full refund, with everything, so I'm happy. I just wish I could've had the h110i, because it's much nicer compared to Kraken X61, which has those thin tubes and weird sound of the pump.

I'm still not sure why the H110i GT wouldn't have worked for you, lack of allowances for variable mounting width on the case notwithstanding. And that's not our fault, that's Fractal Design for not taking into account that there isn't a standardized mounting width on 280mm radiators.

Honestly I'm really concerned about the H110i GT you received and would feel better if you worked with our customer service department to try and get these issues resolved. That's what we're here for. I can understand losing a customer if we just royally screwed the pooch, but there's a lot here that's very unusual.

Except the watercoolers...aren't. We've had a bit of trouble launching our current series (GT/GTX), but those kinks have been worked out. Corsair Link software is a little troublesome, we'll certainly cop to that too. But

I'm very glad that Corsair recognize that the launching of the new GT/GTX series is a mess. My H100i GTX had a leak 2 days after its installation, replacement unit after RMA had bent fins too, my second replacement unit is (at last) perfect.

But, you know, when a thing like that happen to a whole new series, the consumer may have lost confidence in these Hydro series. And the honesty from Corsair is honorable.

FYI : I'm an "non-us" consumer who is also impacted by the "temp red blinking" into CL software.

In the very beginning, i was so disappointed by the product, and the whole story about my case makes me wonder too about the kind of Quality Control you made out of the manufacture.

For you, it's impossible to "not have" bent fins. For us, consumers, it's impossible to have these problems for a price of 130 euros (price i've paid). It's an high-end product. Imagine, i buy a ferrari with a scratch on the side, and the company tell me "it's impossible to not have any scratch in the process". Yeah, that sounds stupid to you, but not to us.

Imagine, i buy a ferrari with a scratch on the side, and the company tell me "it's impossible to not have any scratch in the process". Yeah, that sounds stupid to you, but not to us.

Apples to oranges. I work for a company that ships easily broken or damaged materiel. This aluminum finned rads, especially over seas, sound like a nightmare.

You also have to understand all companies have a tolerance of bent fins on any rad that they consider normal and won't replace it. At least Corsair is pretty active about RMA for products that still work as advertised.

Do you have a right to be disappointed, sure. Is it fair to put the QC of Corsair on blast, no. Same goes for any company who sell AIO coolers.

• Corsair Employee
I'm very glad that Corsair recognize that the launching of the new GT/GTX series is a mess. My H100i GTX had a leak 2 days after its installation, replacement unit after RMA had bent fins too, my second replacement unit is (at last) perfect.

But, you know, when a thing like that happen to a whole new series, the consumer may have lost confidence in these Hydro series. And the honesty from Corsair is honorable.

What you don't know is how delayed those products were in the first place. The litany of bad news from each launch was met internally with profanity and variants on "are you kidding me?" Followed by taking as many steps as possible to both cop to the problems and get them fixed for our customers.

The H110i GT had an issue where shipping in certain extreme temperatures would cause a seal to leak. We tested it, reproduced it, were given a fix by our manufacturer, tested that, made sure no performance was lost by the fix, released H110i GT back into the wild.

The pump noise on the H80i GT and H100i GTX was found to be extremely variable between samples, which is part of why it wasn't caught in QA; something like one in ten or less had seriously audible pump grinding. We brought them back in, opened up a boatload of inventory, found a couple of units that had the issue, did failure analysis, instituted changes to manufacturing to prevent it, made sure no performance was lost by the fix, and then screened our existing inventory so that replacements sent out to customers wouldn't be affected.

I agree that these launches were very troubled and that can be difficult to recover from, but I'm hoping that our alacrity in resolving these problems and eagerness to resolve them and keep our customers happy will be enough to restore some confidence and maintain your business.

FYI : I'm an "non-us" consumer who is also impacted by the "temp red blinking" into CL software.

I am literally shouting from the rooftops trying to get that fixed version out.

Greetings sir Dustin,

First of all, thank You for Your comprehensive and caring reply, now to my reaction.

We did not and this is where I'm starting to get suspicious of your supplier.

You may be right. It's either the OstBlock policy, or the supplier. It's not the first, nor the last bad experience I have there. Since I build computers for living, and I buy stuff from this supplier for 15 years [they became a monopoly], it's getting kind of hard.

I haven't heard of any changes to the cable we're using, so the fact that you had a non-standard cable should be a red flag.

I agree. It should, and it wasn't :/. I installed another piece, that was allright yesterday, and it had just fine size.

I'd have to see a picture.

Corsairs default placement of USB connector is on the left side, while NZXTs Krakens X61 is at the bottom right corner. They both do just fine, when You have lenghty cable :)

Here I can't agree. I've had h110, and some before. Rattling pumps, and bubbling sounds all the way :/ this is pretty vast problem, that Corsair AiO suffer from, at least in my country [slovakia].

I'm still not sure why the H110i GT wouldn't have worked for you, lack of allowances for variable mounting width on the case notwithstanding. And that's not our fault, that's Fractal Design for not taking into account that there isn't a standardized mounting width on 280mm radiators.

Honestly I'm really concerned about the H110i GT you received and would feel better if you worked with our customer service department to try and get these issues resolved. That's what we're here for. I can understand losing a customer if we just royally screwed the pooch, but there's a lot here that's very unusual.

It didn't work for me because of misplaced drilled holes "in general", and short cable I got it with. Besides that, it's a beautiful piece of product. But since I'm going full blown water cooling system, being build by tichepc.sk at this moment, there's not many needs to switch from Kraken X61 now.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153218489281827.1073741985.171179716826&type=1

I'm gonna use Corsair 750D [900D is way too big for my room, though, I really love it :/] and AXi 860 + red cables from Corsair. I really love Corsair's design. The only design that catches up with is the Asus design in their ROG products. Otherwise Corsair leads :)

Thank You for Your comprehensive reply once more sir Dustin. Problem is from my side solved. I'm really glad Corsair has an employee like You. It's kind of rare these days to see a guy in a big company, who really cares.

Kornelius - good point with Ferrari. I wrote something similiar to Intel, that I'm willing to pay extra 50-100 bucks/euro for soldered iHS on their "desktop" class CPUs [non eXtreme]. My message did not meet with understanding. It's some dumb butt policy of Intel, to have the max price of CPU up to 999 dollars, and so on. Since they're greedy, they wanted to save cash on soldering, and used TiM and cheap iHS instead. This is kind of unfair from Intel, that they don't give You the option for a premium soldered iHS, when You want it. That's why I went full delid. But this is OT. Though, Your Ferrari sentence makes sense.

More to the topic. I'm all in for Corsair to create "high-end" watercooling system, with 40-60 mm rad, 360-480, and some badass two pump system. I believe that many enthusiasts are willing to pay good money for it.

Intel doesn't care about there costumers,Intel only care about the big retailers that buy there stuff. Corsair do care about there costumers, de after market service is one of the best. I can't remember a company that never had a problem in the past with introducing a new piece of hardware, even Intel had some problems in the past. The only thing that counts is how the company resolve the problem and if they learned there lesson for in the future. Corsair is in that way a very good student. It can happen that a piece had to be replaced a few times before some one get a mint one.But most of the time it's handled after the first replacement. A custom loop will always be better, but the price is high and some doesn't like it or are scared for a custom loop.

Apples to oranges.....

I made this silly comparison to mark my point for buying an high-end product, whatever their purpose are. I completely know and understand that i can't make comparison between a AIO watercooling and a car. And if i can, it will look like this : i can't drive a watercooling, but i can be cool in a ferrari.

I made this silly comparison to mark my point for buying an high-end product, whatever their purpose are. I completely know and understand that i can't make comparison between a AIO watercooling and a car. And if i can, it will look like this : i can't drive a watercooling, but i can be cool in a ferrari.

Sure you can, it's called a boat... :laughing:

Archived