Corsair Community

Vengeance K70 Stopped Working

COREVGUS

First of all my keyboard is 4 years old and has no warranty by now. I just hope to get some technical advice about my problem. I had no problems for the most part. Sometimes my keyboard wasn't responding so I had to re-plug it but this rarely happened and seemed like a trivial glitch. Last Monday I had to unplug the keyboard and when I plugged it back it wasn't working. No lights and no key response.

I learned that you can make a "soft reset" by holding ESC before plugging and releasing it after plugging, in 5 seconds. That doesn't work for me. I tried this solution with different "keyboard modes "1, 2, 4, 8 and BIOS" with no results. One thing I noticed is that sometimes (rarely) after plugging the KB some buttons light up and stay lit or flash. These are: backlight mode key (not the brightness one), windows lock key, num lock and scroll lock. And of course I tried my keyboard on 2 other PCs without results.

USB passthrough works. Tried to run the "K70 Firmware Update Application" but it doesn't detect my keyboard so no go.

Usually when the indicator lights are flashing it's a failing firmware file. When you tried to run the Firmware updater was the keyboard off the BIOS mode?

YES and NO, I mean, I tried to run the updater in all the modes but it doesn't detect my keyboard and says -"Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver"-

Now I'm not even sure if the lights were flashing (don't remember) but sometimes they just stay lit when I plug the keyboard (the one's I pointed out in the original post).

KB is not visible in BIOS btw.

Archived