Corsair Community

Corsair MM800 Polaris or MM300 Extended

Swisco

Hello, right now I'm having a really rough time deciding if should get the MM800 Polaris or the MM300. I really like the RGB effects on the Polaris but I feel that it may be a bit pricey and that it will add another cable to my setup. The MM300 looks nice as well, and I really like that it's extended, but I don't really know if the fact that it's extended will make it better. Right now my desk is pretty small but I'm planning on getting a new and bigger one. And since I'm a student I need room for schoolwork and I feel like I will lose the majority of space I have on my desk.

Now I want your opinion on which one you prefer. Thx :sunglasse

personally i use both :) its nice to have the mm300 under the keyboard and the mouse either way whatever you choose, i have to highly recommend the extended antifray mat.

polaris is nice with the pass thru and the rgb is helpful for active application ID'ing at work. At play I'd argue it has limited practicality unless you are doing

powerup timers ... :)

Looks wise it is nice to have the polaris as a compliment to the balance of the cue ecosystem. with the release of the qi charging mats...you may want to consider that if that is your preferred direction.

I run my M65's cable along the MM800 cable with a Velcro tie and leave myself a bit of slack. Doesn't really feel like theres two cables between the two of them!

Also for a desk look at the Ikea Linnmon if you are on a student budget! I have a huge 59" and another smaller 39" on the other side to create an L shape.

27021335_10156084671926660_6078150214729143381_o.jpg?oh=e19c11a8c4afb23db73ddd8f6d660788&oe=5AD85CC4

I have both, but you are in two different categories here with rather different products. The MM800 is a show toy to go with your K95 platinum with the same light rail. I am using it now, bit I am not sure I would without the glass desk to amplify the effect. It is the least consequential peripheral I own, but if the light is appealing, get it. You will also need to decide between the hard surface and soft. I tried the hard a while back and was too slick for my liking. Took another go with the cloth over the holidays a liked it. It was only meant to be part of the seasonal decorations, but I am still using it.

These extended mouse pads are nice for people with wider keyboards that offset the mouse pad too far to the side. You can gain a little back by having them together. I have used quite a few of these over the past several years, and I do like the MM300. I bought that one for the unique color scheme, but it might not be for everyone. It can be found for a very good price at a lot of places.

It seems like you need to figure out what you need for your space, rather than pros and cons, but you'll have to work that out.

That looks sweet dude, I have the mouse plugged into the mousepad it looks like a complete mess, all bunched up, excess wire cable tied to make it even more noticeable... I think you just solved my problem by plugging it into the pc!

I run my M65's cable along the MM800 cable with a Velcro tie and leave myself a bit of slack. Doesn't really feel like theres two cables between the two of them!

Also for a desk look at the Ikea Linnmon if you are on a student budget! I have a huge 59" and another smaller 39" on the other side to create an L shape.

Archived