Corsair Community

760T vs 780T

thehotsung8701A

I have the 780T, it's a damn fine case & I'm very happy with it. I picked it over the 760T because I loved the design of the 600T it replaced mostly, but I also believe that to have a rad in the top of the 760 exhausting you have to take the top cover off. Positive pressure airflow is also important due to it being more or less above the cat litter trays & that fine dust gets everywhere if I'm not careful, so being able to have 5 intake fans at the front was also a plus point. The side panel of the 760 hinging from the rear of the case would also make it really hard for me to have a quick poke around inside without having to move things around on my desk, so I didn't want that.

Downsides are a couple of missing cable routing holes at the top & bottom of the motherboard for passing through front panel connectors, fan headers etc, so you have to snake them to where you need them. 3 120mm fans in the front are a very tight fit & my front dust cover doesn't come off easily, the lugs at the bottom interfere with the bottom fan & needs some wrangling to get on or off. Also 120mm fans in the front need to be either fixed with rubber mounts or screwed in from the inside where the drive cages are. It's no biggy to be honest but it's not really clear until you try fix them in.

Archived