Corsair Community

HS60 Mic not working.

Got my HS60, plugged it in, installed iCUE, then I joined a discord call and turns out my microphone isn't working, I have watched some yt videos where they poke sound settings and device manager but nothing seems to fix the problem. Any suggestions on what I should do?

• Corsair Employee
Check and make sure it is set as the Default Device in the Playback section of Sound Settings. Also make sure your program is properly configured to use the correct microphone. Lastly, check your Windows Privacy Settings for the Microphone and make sure you have "Allow apps to access your microphone" set to On.
  • Confused 1

So turns out the microphone works on my ipad, android, and nintendo switch, then it isn't a problem with the headset itself but windows or my pc...

I also forgot to mention, Im using the usb adapter that came with the headset instead of a 2 in 1 port because my pc lacks one.

I still don't know what I should do to fix it so help is appreciated. :D

• 2 months later...

Did you get it fixed?

My splitter didn't work. A new dongle didn't work. I tried an in-place windows reinstall. That didn't work.

There isn't a process I haven't tried.

My mic did work and then out of the blue it just suddenly stopped for no reason at all.

Did you get it fixed?

My splitter didn't work. A new dongle didn't work. I tried an in-place windows reinstall. That didn't work.

There isn't a process I haven't tried.

My mic did work and then out of the blue it just suddenly stopped for no reason at all.

tried everything but nothing worked, i returned them 2 weeks after i posted this thread. :[pouts:

• 7 months later...

So guys i tried everything. All the software downloads, all the online guides, you name it i tried it. I was literally on it for about 2 hours and then I decided to check if my mic mute button was pressed or not... and it was.... so now i fixed it and i feel extremely dumb

if you had the same problem, i guess were both stoopid:[pouts:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't fret ArchaicSpecter, I also ended up with a stupid fix. But a different stupid than your stupid, :).

After uninstalling drivers and iCue and reinstalling and reading forums, etc., I found that my USB dongle and 3.5 mm plug had become separated by like 1 mm. So it looked connected, and the headset worked, but the mic did not. Pushing the 3.5 mm plug in that last 1 mm enabled the mic. Doh.

So double check that your 3.5 mm jack into your USB dongle is ALL THE WAY IN.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't fret ArchaicSpecter, I also ended up with a stupid fix. But a different stupid than your stupid, :).

After uninstalling drivers and iCue and reinstalling and reading forums, etc., I found that my USB dongle and 3.5 mm plug had become separated by like 1 mm. So it looked connected, and the headset worked, but the mic did not. Pushing the 3.5 mm plug in that last 1 mm enabled the mic. Doh.

Man i love you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Check and make sure it is set as the Default Device in the Playback section of Sound Settings. Also make sure your program is properly configured to use the correct microphone. Lastly, check your Windows Privacy Settings for the Microphone and make sure you have "Allow apps to access your microphone" set to On.

Thank you for this. I was having problems getting the mic to work, did a google search, found this thread, turns out I needed to allow access in the privacy settings and that did the trick. Thanks again :)

• 1 month later...

You're a godsent. This was my issue:sigh!:

• 1 month later...

I have a different kind of problem.

I use this headset for work, from home. Yesterday it was working perfect; no issues. Clocked out at 6:30pm, woke up this morning and clocked in at 9 and POOF! Headset isn't working. Computer sees it, says it is working properly. All mic tests I have done are bad. Windows says max output was 9%. Websites say no audio at all.

I have tested every connection.

I’ve tried it on multiple call apps.

I’ve used an online mic test.

I’ve gone through all the settings within Microsoft.

I have restarted the computer seven times, plus one complete shutdown.

I have tried restarting both with and without the headset plugged in.

I have tried with and without the USB adapter, in the audio jack and in USB port.

Nothing. Zero. I was on the phone (my cell) with our IT department for over a half hour, and they can't figure it out either. I tried using my sister in law's - same headset, same job - in my computer; same outcome. But she is able to use it on her computer - same brand, model, etc - with no problems.

Someone please help me so I can get back to work.

• Corsair Employee

I use this headset for work, from home. Yesterday it was working perfect; no issues. Clocked out at 6:30pm, woke up this morning and clocked in at 9 and POOF! Headset isn't working. Computer sees it, says it is working properly. All mic tests I have done are bad. Windows says max output was 9%. Websites say no audio at all.

I have tried with and without the USB adapter, in the audio jack and in USB port.

Nothing. Zero. I was on the phone (my cell) with our IT department for over a half hour, and they can't figure it out either. I tried using my sister in law's - same headset, same job - in my computer; same outcome. But she is able to use it on her computer - same brand, model, etc - with no problems.

What connection are you using the headset with? 3.5mm or USB? May be worth a shot installing audio/USB drivers for your PC.

What connection are you using the headset with? 3.5mm or USB? May be worth a shot installing audio/USB drivers for your PC.

Tried both. When I plugged into the 3.5mm, it didn't even see the headset attached. USB sees it, and I can hear, but not talk. The computer is pretty locked down by my company, so I don't have a lot of permissions, but I'll see if I can do anything with drivers; where would you suggest I look for specific drivers?

• 2 weeks later...

Same exact problem for me. Started about a week or two ago. Thought my kids broke the mic. Both a hyperx that plugs into the pink and green and the hs60 that uses the usb have around 9% too. Both headsets used to work no problems. Did you find a fix?

• 3 months later...

Try this:

Right click the start button, select run, type 'control' and hit enter - then choose sound and select the recording tab from the top - then right click the corsair microphone and select - Configure Speech Recognition. Gp through the motions and let that process complete. The sound levels may appear very low during the process. Dont worry. then when it takes you back to the main 'ease of use menu' close that window. Return to sound and Recording and then levels and crack the volume to suit you. Apps and programs should now use the microphone and it should work as expected.

Edited by Machistmo

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2020 at 5:38 PM, HS60MicBroke said:

I've Had a Different Problem. My HS60 Made Soft Static When I Talked Into It, Any Solves?

So did mine please i need a fix thanks. i think mine and yours brokey because of screaming into it too much. i think that happened to mine.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so none of this works for me, it doesn't work because the mic is not showing up in any of the device manager windows, at all. It shows the headset, but no matter what I do the mic does not show up.  I have the latest drivers, I made sure that the mic is plugged in all the way, I reset my computer, everything that was suggested in here that I could do, I did.  Still no mic.

I am at the point of asking help from Windows to see if they can help, we shall see