Corsair Community

Is it true that I can daisy chain 2 or 3 Commander Pro's to each other so that I can run 12-18 Corsair LL120 fans in my new 1000d case? I currently have the 1000d case and 15 LL120 RGB fans. I'll need to daisy-chain (if possible) because my new Rampage VI Extreme motherboard only has 1 USB 2.0 header (which I still think is a bad design choice) and I've heard of some horror stories where the internal NZXT USB 2.0 hub has fried some people's motherboard headers and even stories of some smoking and melting (though I wonder if those stories are true or just overblown tall tales).

I wanted to run 8 in front as air intake, 2 in the rear as exhaust, and 3 (or maybe 6) mounted up top with my Corsair Hydro Series H150i AIO (maybe in push/pull?).

Also, a side question: A bought a 150i AIO cooler for my CPU. It is a 360mm radiator with three 120mm fans. Would I be able to somehow mount this radiator at the top of the 1000d case or are those fan holes strictly for 140mm fans / 420mm radiators? I really don't want to mount a 360mm radiator to the front of the case, especially since I heard the 150i's tubing just barely extends far enough to accomplish this.

I am eventually going to custom hardline the entire loop. I am coming from a CaseLabs TH10 (which is a bit outdated now but was also a gigantic case but they are now out of business so I'm moving everything over to Corsair stuff).

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, you can daisy chain CoPro's together. I agree with you that the lack of internal USB 2.0 headers that has become the vogue is a bad design choice! I have an old Z97 motherboard with ... like ... 4 internal headers (it was more than I could use) and I have to say that I do miss them.

For mounting the 360mm radiator, you'll need one of these for the top:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-4x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900177

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-8x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900160

And definitely sucks what happened to CaseLabs.

One note: I do have the NZXT internal hub and haven't had a single issue with it at all.

Archived