Corsair Community

Black Screening / Video Card output switching off from iCUE

WhiskeyOmega

So far no crashes for me though....? on the test build I got pm'd....Cept MAYBE one but I was also playing a heavily modded GTA EFLC and I haven't been able to repeat said crash...

This is also running on a freshly built system

Edited by DrButtlet

Hi All,

I have also been experiencing this for the last year.

I just thought I would share a way to still keep your control without having Icue installed on your PC (albeit a bit ridiculous, this needs to be fixed...)

I was able to install Vmware Workstation and passthrough all of the corsair peripherals (PSU control, Commander and H150i) to a VM Running windows 10 which in turn is running ICUE.

The fact that this has been going on for months and months is absolutely ridiculous, it essensially invalidates your entire Ecosystem I essensially have 4 corsair devices which are hamstrung on my system and have caused massive frustration throughout this year.

Hi All,

I have also been experiencing this for the last year.

I just thought I would share a way to still keep your control without having Icue installed on your PC (albeit a bit ridiculous, this needs to be fixed...)

I was able to install Vmware Workstation and passthrough all of the corsair peripherals (PSU control, Commander and H150i) to a VM Running windows 10 which in turn is running ICUE.

The fact that this has been going on for months and months is absolutely ridiculous, it essensially invalidates your entire Ecosystem I essensially have 4 corsair devices which are hamstrung on my system and have caused massive frustration throughout this year.

I do as you do. Let's see the result!

I´ve got similar problem with icue and Clink, but it doesn`t go total black, it slows the system down so I can`t play games or do anything really, slide show... got 32gb of ram so it might be why It doesn`t get totally jammed (black screen), but I have to reset system to get it back to normal. Also lowering ram speed makes it go less jammed, but still unusable. got Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, intel I7 4930k and 2 evga gtx 780 sc acx in sli. I use ICUE to control my corsair keyboard colors and ax1200i psu fan. Removing usb dongle driver from use and not starting ICUE removes the problem. Have had this problem for years. Today it jammed after several hours of playing R6 Siege. I have had ICUE uninstalled for some time, just installed it back to see if the problem is fixed and now I found this forum. Edited by Palmu85

I´ve got similar problem with icue and Clink, but it doesn`t go total black, it slows the system down so I can`t play games or do anything really, slide show... got 32gb of ram so it might be why It doesn`t get totally jammed (black screen), but I have to reset system to get it back to normal. Also lowering ram speed makes it go less jammed, but still unusable. got Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, intel I7 4930k and 2 evga gtx 780 sc acx in sli. I use ICUE to control my corsair keyboard colors and ax1200i psu fan. Removing usb dongle driver from use and not starting ICUE removes the problem. Have had this problem for years. Today it jammed after several hours of playing R6 Siege. I have had ICUE uninstalled for some time, just installed it back to see if the problem is fixed and now I found this forum.

when iCUE is installed but not started there are still two processes running in the background, I have to remove the iCUE system from the computer and clean the res (google translate)

there is an assumption that the problem is in the monitoring of summer residents. The latest version HWiNFO 5.88 leads also to the black screen. so the question is what utility the sensors read in iCUE? put the old version iCUE 3.4.95, for a day there was no black screen (google translate) Edited by Psycycb

Well Corsair James sent me a bad link over a week ago now and not heard back from him. So not been able to do any testing so ive renamed cpuidsdk again.Not overly happy with corsairs lack of urgency on this and the fact ive just had to pay for another ML120 Pro fan to replace a broken one since I never received a replacement on a rma.

there is an assumption that the problem is in the monitoring of summer residents. The latest version HWiNFO 5.88 leads also to the black screen. so the question is what utility the sensors read in iCUE? put the old version iCUE 3.4.95, for a day there was no black screen (google translate)

second day. flight is normal!

• 3 weeks later...
I've been looking for a solution since Oct 2017. I thought it was my video card and my power supply. But, I did notice this happened around the same time my CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 died and I replaced it with a H100i V2 which recommended to use CLINK. I didn't even think that would be the problem. I'll try uninstalling CLINK when I get off work. I wanted to hop into this thread to let you know this isn't only a ASUS thing. My EVGA X79 Dark (4930K) is also black screening too.

iCue 3.8.91 is already simply ridiculous “Black screen -> crash iСue” if you honestly did not expect another. Once again I will try to solve my problem with Commander Pro and iCUE (three months of waiting .. my Commander Pro is already in the ad for sale) I have a Gigabyte x99 motherboard and a permanent "Black screen - crash iCUE" in all (and new) versions. It is noticed: that even after uninstalling iCUE " Black screen" remains. Only after disconnecting the Commander Pro from USB everything is normal. Rather, fixes are needed in firmware Commander Pro than in iCUE. Edited by Rudzik

Corsair's response to this problem has been nothing but slow . Took a year of me having the trouble to even acknowledge it and now theres no Corsair staff giving us any updates. Communication needs a good sort out at Corsair ever since they got bought out by Eagletree. As I already had corsair stuff I just got a T1 race chair but the support has gone from 10 to 0 in a matter months.

I ran my computer for the last 36 hrs, no black screens. I changed the CPUIDSDK.DLL name, yeah CLINK didn't show any data from any of the sensors, but it "fixed" the black screens. There's definitely a communication issue/bug with CPUID and the rest of CLINK/iCUE. I'll be trying out iCUE tonight to see if it gives me the sames result as everyone else.

I ran my computer for the last 36 hrs, no black screens. I changed the CPUIDSDK.DLL name, yeah CLINK didn't show any data from any of the sensors, but it "fixed" the black screens. There's definitely a communication issue/bug with CPUID and the rest of CLINK/iCUE. I'll be trying out iCUE tonight to see if it gives me the sames result as everyone else.

It's not a communication issue between CPUID and the rest of CLINK/iCue. It's an issue with CPUID and the interaction with the graphics card, perhaps even a driver issue. Let's just make sure that's clear.

What is most curious is that this only seems to happen - or most commonly happens - only on a specific chipset.

Corsair has been working with the developer of CPUIDSDK on this for quite a while. But it's difficult to repro (it happens relatively randomly) and it's likely a very narrow path - both of which make it very, very, very difficult to resolve. And, finally, it's not unheard of that it's a bug in the driver, in which case it won't be fixed until AMD recognizes it and decides to fix it. There were issues in Link/CPUIDSDK relating to AMD cards in Crossfire mode that were directly related to an AMD driver issue previously.

Hi guys after all these months Corsair's Staff doesn't even answer anymore, and nothing has been resolved. I'm very dissappointed, but before sending back my keyboard (and never buy anything else from Corsair) I need to know if I'm the only one that find this problem: randomly, while iCUE is running (and cpuid.dll's deleted) some keys switch color, and more time run iCUE, more keys switch color so I have to turn off and on again the backlight to restore the lighting profile correctly.

Hi guys after all these months Corsair's Staff doesn't even answer anymore, and nothing has been resolved. I'm very dissappointed, but before sending back my keyboard (and never buy anything else from Corsair) I need to know if I'm the only one that find this problem: randomly, while iCUE is running (and cpuid.dll's deleted) some keys switch color, and more time run iCUE, more keys switch color so I have to turn off and on again the backlight to restore the lighting profile correctly.

Yea afraid to say the support has completly disappeard. Corsair have gone from top rank to bottom of the list.

Just narrowed down a few BSOD's that I've been having over the last month or so to iCue. Was getting KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE a few times and the dump file says the offending program was Corsair.Service.exe.

To be fair, these didn't seem to start until sometime after I installed the 3rd party Aurora software. So if they continue after today's iCue update I will try disabling that and seeing if it stops the crashes...but on the other hand after the recent issues I've had with iCue, like my AIO not showing up in one update, or another using 25%+ CPU for no reason, both without Aurora installed, I'm leaning towards this being a iCue thing.

I'll update if these issues persist after todays iCue update, and if uninstalling Aurora fixes them after that.

• Corsair Employee
Yea afraid to say the support has completly disappeard. Corsair have gone from top rank to bottom of the list.

This is still an issue we are working to resolve but to be honest, only a handful of you have ever forwarded me the data. This tells me a few things:

1.) Its very system specific to a narrow set of hardware.

2.) None of what we are implementing is working which means it could be a compatibility issue with the CPUID SDK (which is what Corsair Service talks to).

3.) Some people have told me that they found it wasn't just iCUE triggering this, which complicates things.

To complicate things, I can't get any of the hardware you're all using anymore either. So it is something we are working on, but keep in mind I have nothing more than what you all have provided to work with.

This is still an issue we are working to resolve but to be honest, only a handful of you have ever forwarded me the data. This tells me a few things:

1.) Its very system specific to a narrow set of hardware.

2.) None of what we are implementing is working which means it could be a compatibility issue with the CPUID SDK (which is what Corsair Service talks to).

3.) Some people have told me that they found it wasn't just iCUE triggering this, which complicates things.

To complicate things, I can't get any of the hardware you're all using anymore either. So it is something we are working on, but keep in mind I have nothing more than what you all have provided to work with.

I would love to send data your way James. Just let me know how and where.

Wow, I just found this thread today after about 3 months of having this exact issue and countless hours of reinstalling windows 10 and trying to figure out what was causing my black screens. To say I am relieved to finally get some confirmation that it is iCue-related is an understatement! That just confirms what I found about a week ago - that uninstalling iCue resolves the problem.

I am actually rebuilding a new system in the next few weeks (as soon as I can get all the parts) so I would be happy to help troubleshoot and provide some data from my current system since I won't be using it too much longer. I'll try to go back through the thread to find where Corsair James describes what he needs and send it to him via private message as I think he asked.

FYI, I too am using an Asus Sabertooth X79 board with an i7-4820K CPU. I don't overclock anything. My graphics card is an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2. I've got the latest non-beta BIOS, latest nvidia drivers, and the last version of iCue I tried is 3.8.91. I run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and keep up to date in general (I just let MS push updates when they're ready).