Corsair Community

8+4 EATX CPU power

Hockster2

My new mobo, and Asus Crosshair VII, has an additional 4 pin CPU connector. Is this one absolutely required? I've only got 8 pin cables. I can get an 8 pin to fit, but only in one orientation, I'm not sure if it matters which set of 4 pins is plugged in. PSU is an AX860i

• Corsair Employee

Check those cables again just in case, because 8 pin cables from us generally are 4+4 EPS CPU or 6+2 PCI-e cables.

If you no longer have the right cable, this should be the one you're looking for:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Sleeved-Black-EPS-12V-CPU-Cable/p/CP-8920115

They definitely do not come apart. Not without a dremel anyway. I used just the one half, with some trepidation though, and everything works as it should. The top of the motherboard is covered by the radiator and fans so it's not a huge deal at all.

Plus I'm in Canada, I'm not paying $15 shipping for a $5 cable. Thank you for the help and information. This is why I continue to use Corsair products.

Archived