Corsair Community

SP2500, second dead unit - another one bites the dust

Starshoot

Heya folks, I'm new here

I've come to "vent" my frustration with the Corsair SP2500, despite how much I love the product.

What, if any, kind of quality control did the SP2500s undergo?

I originally bought my first pair back in... 20xx'ish, where, queue a year later, the satelite speakers fault. Luckily, Corsair were GREAT with their support and I got a refund.

So about a month ago, I started looking at new speakers and I came across the SP2500s. I remembered how much I loved them (while they lasted) and thought I'd buy a new pair. Sadly, I couldn't find them in any stores. "Luckily", I came across a second hand pair from a private seller, at a very low price - "I've struck gold!" I thought to myself. Got them home today, plugged them in... no sound. Tried through both my PC and my smart phone.

I decided I'd try fiddling with them again, tomorrow. As I'm sitting at my PC, they suddenly start making noise, then the subwoofer does a... I don't know what to call it. It sounded like a small bass test. 8 seconds later, there's some crackle and then a large pop from the woofer.

Now the pod screen is dead. Along with the rest of the system, I guess.

The guy I bought it from, said that he had tested it before selling and it was working. I am fortunate that it was a cool guy I bought it from, because he gave me a refund.

Which brings me to another observation I made. Of all the negative reviews I've read, most were about the very poor durability. Now I very much believe them, after having 2 die on me. Which is a shame... because they really are an awesome pair of PC speakers, when they work.

/rant over

Please, help me overcome my despair with consoling words. I were really looking forward to punishing my neighbors with sound :[pouts:

Archived