Corsair Community

No Lights When Screen is Locked

gcanhigh

Hey guys, i'm still new to this keyboard and i'm using it with Windows 10. The problem i'm running into is whenever my computer locks itself the lights go off completely, then after login in all the lights comes back on. I think something got changed because before the lights wouldn't go off fully when locked it would be at a static red color. But now it goes off fully. I already tried saving the profile to device but that did nothing. Any ideas on how to get it working with a profile while the screen is locked? Or if not i would like that static red back since its better than having no lights at all. Is there a way to reset the keyboard to get that back? Any help with this i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

• Corsair Employee

The new profile you tried saving, is it by chance a dynamic lighting profile? If you try and save a dynamic profile, the keyboard won't light up if you're in a lock screen or CUE is exited out of. You can either soft reset the keyboard to get the original red lighting, or create a new static profile and save it to the device memory.

To soft reset, unplug the keyboard, hold ESC, plug the keyboard back in, then release ESC after 5 secs.

The new profile you tried saving, is it by chance a dynamic lighting profile? If you try and save a dynamic profile, the keyboard won't light up if you're in a lock screen or CUE is exited out of. You can either soft reset the keyboard to get the original red lighting, or create a new static profile and save it to the device memory.

To soft reset, unplug the keyboard, hold ESC, plug the keyboard back in, then release ESC after 5 secs.

Thanks for the reply and yes it was dynamic lighting. the issue where the lights are not showing when the screen is locked is it a known issue? or is there a way to get it working even while the screen is locked?

Thanks

Archived