Corsair Community

Screensavers....again

GumbyDammit223

I have a screensaver profile that correctly activates when my Win7 screensaver starts. However, I have just found out that if I enable the setting which requires my password to unlock the screen, CUE immediately shifts to the profile stored on my K70 keyboard when the screensaver starts. Again, CUE shifts correctly if a password is not required, but jumps to the onboard profile if it is required. I have my power settings set to turn the monitor off after an hour, so that's not coming into play.

Anybody have an explanation for this difference in behavior? Thanks!

I just asked a similar question. This happens when Windows goes into "lock" mode: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174814

CUE will stop working (not crash, just stop communicating with the devices) the moment Windows goes into "Lock" mode. This will cause any device to revert to its default behavior. In my case, my ST100 would revert to the default rainbow wave pattern, which is quite annoying when you're trying to watch movies. Since you have built-in memory on your keyboard, perhaps you could try uploading the profile you're using to your keyboard.

This is a problem with CUE itself, and I wish that it could work as a Windows service rather than as an application.

Archived