Corsair Community

constant issues with all corsair products

thor7687

man ive never been so frustrated in my life with a product....i used to be a razer naga junkie for gaming for years and then corsair came out with their scimitar and after years of going through razer nagas because of the absolute trash plastic deteriorating inside the mouse clicks that would consistently break over time i figured id give corsair a shot.

so i order a corsair k95 keyboard white back lite only and a corsair scimitar.....now the mouse and keyboard are beautiful, feel great, and ergonomically easy to use and great for gaming. however.....i dont know wtf is going on that now my keyboard i constantly typing /+=- repetitively at random points and as a gaming theres nothing more infuriating than getting to 3rd place and having my match thrown cuz my f*cking keyboard starts acting like a g*d Damn poltergeist.....

onto of this issue my corsair utility engine has ALWAYS HAD ISSUES SINCE THE DAY I BOUGHT IT WITH MY MOUSE........it constantly randomly resets the profiles and now the new thing is it loves to crash every time i turn on windows, it wakes up from sleep mode, sometimes when i tab to different programs, etc its constantly crashing.

I just am beyond frustrated at this point and something has to change. Ive never had such a nice product in one aspect that is completely crippled by ****ty software....

ive tried reinstalling the utility engine.....the keyboard does the same thing no matter wut computer its plugged into....ive reset my utility engine to all defaults.....and nothing has worked so far.

Yes :( lots of post here Highlighting the fact that decent hardware is being let down by BAD software .

No doubt Corsair will lose sales because if this

Bet they sold more K95's in the first hour of release than they have total members on this Forum......

You do understand that the few that come here with a problem in no way represent all the people that don't have a problem don't you?

Rare someone is SO happy with a product that they jump online and rush to the manufactures forum and sing songs of praise...

Yes it's bad for a few... but it's massively successful to the masses.

Now of course my above statement is of absolutely no use to the OP other than letting him know this is in no way the norm for users of corsair products...

All i can suggest is. try it on another machine.. if it's not repeatable then start looking at what software is installed that may conflict with CUE...

Sorry you are suffering this OP.. wish I had more to offer in the way of help :[pouts:

They may have sold lots of hardware , but people who are new users will not know about the problems with software untill the try to use them

I see what you are saying buddy. but it's not the case...

It's no good saying the issues are universal and that new users should be wary when the majority don't see it at all and indeed the chances are they wont either.

as I said above... way more people don't have problems with the software... massive amounts more dude... it's a tiny number in a huge picture that do suffer ;)..

Yes Corsair should work at ironing these issues out for everyone. but that takes time and they are working on it,, SOOOO many variables with computers to consider.

Best way to see this point is go searching for something you are very happy with.. that has never given you a problem.. you will be surprised how bad it will look because no one came online to say how great it was but the few that had issues will make it look like worse than it really is.

It really is down to.. You can keep most of the people happy most of the time. but in no way can you keep everyone happy all of the time... standard rule of life I am afraid to say...

Really hope the OP gets sorted :(.. hate to see a man down :( and hate it even more when I can't help pick him back up!..

Zotty , i have No problems with my Corsair HX750i or my Corsair H100i GTX , I do believe the Hardware is brilliant I had no problems with the Old M65 , But the M65Pro RGB :(

The mouse is spot on its the CUE software that lets it down :(

I have now got myself a Logitech G502 mouse which worked straight out the box

I see what you are saying buddy. but it's not the case...

It's no good saying the issues are universal and that new users should be wary when the majority don't see it at all and indeed the chances are they wont either.

as I said above... way more people don't have problems with the software... massive amounts more dude... it's a tiny number in a huge picture that do suffer ;)..

Yes Corsair should work at ironing these issues out for everyone. but that takes time and they are working on it,, SOOOO many variables with computers to consider.

Best way to see this point is go searching for something you are very happy with.. that has never given you a problem.. you will be surprised how bad it will look because no one came online to say how great it was but the few that had issues will make it look like worse than it really is.

It really is down to.. You can keep most of the people happy most of the time. but in no way can you keep everyone happy all of the time... standard rule of life I am afraid to say...

Really hope the OP gets sorted :(.. hate to see a man down :( and hate it even more when I can't help pick him back up!..

Conversely you can't say the userbase for these products "massively don't have problems" based on your own anecdotal evidence - that's not hard data. I'm sure there are MANY people who have problems with hardware/software and just return it/deal with the issues vs. posting their problems on the Internet - hell, there are probably plenty of people who just buy the hardware and don't bother to even install CUE so don't encounter the issues. Trying to sweep complaints under the rug does nothing. Also, if this were some small company, I might have some sympathy, but this is a technology giant selling premium-priced peripherals aimed at the enthusiast market, they should have the funds/time to do proper testing before releasing hardware/software. Also, their responses in these forums have been scattered and non-helpful, mostly just "reflash your firmware" etc. vs. addressing the actual problem, or they shift the blame to somebody else "lots of people that use CUE also use Steam, therefore it's not OUR problem", when for that particular issue (controllers not working while their HID drivers are active/keyboard plugged in), multiple users made it clear that this occurred even with Steam/CUE closed.

Most likely it's not the corsair product it's the crappy OS you are plugging into more than anything else. Try unplugging the keyboard and holding down escape when you plug it back in that's supposed to clean the crap out of the keyboard memory. Try another usb port that should force windows to reinstall the drivers and a good clean with antimalware and registry cleaner also good. yeah i'd be mad as heck too if i was losing matches for a haunted keyboard. be surre stickykeys isn't turned on someplace that one seems to be causing lots of issues.

Archived