Corsair Community

G Keys and Shift/CTRL/Alt

Padmundo

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to set up additional actions for Shift-G1 (etc.) or are there only simple single key press?

IE I'd like to have one action for pushing G1, but a second (completely different) action for SHIFT-G1.

Thanks

I would love this as well, but the simple answer is yes and no. You can have Cue change profiles on key press and time out, or just affect the lighting, but in an of itself, there's no way to use modifier keys with the G keys without actually changing profiles for a time (that can be as short as a second I think).

However you can remap G keys within Cue to an offkeyboard key like F13 and poll for Ctrl F13 in something like AutoHotKey with basically:

^F13::

Send with Control key down, you hit whatever key you remapped in Cue to be F13

return

F13::

Send without any modifier key down, you hit whatever key you remapped in Cue to be F13

return

That is what I do and it works great. I have a cheat sheet printed under my monitor to gradually remember the combos as they are many - i suspect you will find that as well that it quickly gets hard to remember.

I would love this as well, but the simple answer is yes and no. You can have Cue change profiles on key press and time out, or just affect the lighting, but in an of itself, there's no way to use modifier keys with the G keys without actually changing profiles for a time (that can be as short as a second I think).

However you can remap G keys within Cue to an offkeyboard key like F13 and poll for Ctrl F13 in something like AutoHotKey with basically:

^F13::

Send with Control key down, you hit whatever key you remapped in Cue to be F13

return

F13::

Send without any modifier key down, you hit whatever key you remapped in Cue to be F13

return

That is what I do and it works great. I have a cheat sheet printed under my monitor to gradually remember the combos as they are many - i suspect you will find that as well that it quickly gets hard to remember.

Brilliant. Thanks.

I'm guessing once I've temporarily mapped F13 to a random key in order to let the keyboard register it, I can then undo that mapping?

I'll give it a go later today.

For anyone else - there is a video here doing it on a Logitech Keyboard. [ame]

[/ame]

I'm guessing once I've temporarily mapped F13 to a random key in order to let the keyboard register it, I can then undo that mapping?

Not exactly, it is more permanent, it hogs whatever key you assign it. Cue is much easier in that regard, in other words you can pick the key it is supposed to remap to directly without AHK within the software.

AHK is just to sniff for the event caused (the Fxx (1-24) press effected by a Gxx (1-18) key press)... I'm not bothering to plug my apex back in but I think you may have inadvertently pointed out some limitations of other software out there that people are so often praising on these here forums when they have cue issues.:sunglasse;):

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to set up additional actions for Shift-G1 (etc.) or are there only simple single key press?

IE I'd like to have one action for pushing G1, but a second (completely different) action for SHIFT-G1.

Thanks

Sure, it's easy to implement using modes in CUE 1 and profiles in CUE 2.

See: Tutorial: Switching Modes by Modifier Keys and Modifier Key Combos

Sure, it's easy to implement using modes in CUE 1 and profiles in CUE 2.

See: Tutorial: Switching Modes by Modifier Keys and Modifier Key Combos

It almost works but in my experience, if you want to quickly mash a bunch of modifiers and keys, you don't end up back at the same profile unless you are extremely careful about how you release the keys, ensuring you do it in the same order. That's not ideal.

I love that it can do it, but in Photoshop for example, I had tried making a Ctrl, Ctrl Alt, Ctrl Alt Shift, Ctrl Shift, Alt Shift, Alt and Shift profiles that were supposed to go back to a default on release and I had a universal default profile switching button, but it would get jammed up if I ended up switching programs and then also it would not go well if I failed to release the modifier keys in the correct order (which is mighty difficult to be 100% consistent with). If you hit the 'default / regular mode' profile switching button, it still will go to its last set mode when you hit the modifiers. It doesn't reset the order properly in my experience, but I would love to be wrong!

I gave up on that method and ended up getting sort of what i was looking for with timers, restart on press, executing lighting modes with modifier keys.

Archived