The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Old 02-16-2016, 12:00 AM

POST ID # = 837300
SupaBeardyMan Reputation: 10
Default Void RGB Sidetone volume

I recently purchased the wired Void RGB headset, and I'm very happy with it so far. My only gripe is that the mic feedback (sidetone) volume is extremely low. Somewhere on a post on these forums I found an optimal mic placement image and the feedback volume is still inaudible out of game, let alone in game. In fact, the only time I can hear my voice through the headset is when I put the mic directly onto my mouth.

I have the latest firmware, latest corsair software, and latest driver. The feedback volume in the corsair software is maxed out, and (strangely enough) the sidetone volume in windows (Playback Devices > Headset Earphone Properties > Levels >Sidetone) is capped at 25. The slider won't budge past 25. I have a feeling that this is the root of the issue, and I'm hoping that there is some way to disable this block or otherwise amplify the sidetone volume.

I've tried googling this and no one that I could find has even mentioned it being an issue. I have a roommate, and often find myself speaking louder due to the headset volume. Any help with this one?

EDIT: I should also mention that I am aware that there is an option to "Listen to this device". I prefer not to use this option, as there is a significant delay that is impossible to work with.

Last edited by SupaBeardyMan; 02-16-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:09 AM

POST ID # = 837545
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 104

Have you tried the headset on another computer? Does the sidetone volume work fine?

You can try reinstall the drivers for the headset and see whether that resolves the issue. I haven't seen the option for sidetone under the headset itself.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:39 AM

POST ID # = 837696
Dracotwist Reputation: 10

I also have the same problem. Bought wired RGB Void and can only hear myself when mic is in mouth. Also found that my sidetone is capped at 25. love the headset just wish i could hear myself.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:39 PM

POST ID # = 839263
SupaBeardyMan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Have you tried the headset on another computer? Does the sidetone volume work fine?

You can try reinstall the drivers for the headset and see whether that resolves the issue. I haven't seen the option for sidetone under the headset itself.
Same thing on my laptop. I've tried reinstalling a few times. Seems like it's capped at 25 by design. Just can't for the life of me figure out why a developer would limit something like that...

Still no fix to the issue. At this point, I'd settle for a third party workaround if I had to. I just want to be able to fully control my own headset.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:48 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 839352
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Can you check and make sure you have this option set to the headset in the microphone property?

Last edited by Corsair StormShadow; 02-26-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Dark360's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840593
Dark360 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Turtle View Post
Can you check and make sure you have this option set to the headset in the microphone property?

The problem with doing the above adds a delay to your voice which is very off-puting. Sidetone doesn't have this delay as it is done via the hardware and not the software.

Is there any update from Corsair regarding a driver fix/update for this issue?

Last edited by Dark360; 03-04-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:04 PM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840596
QuadraKev Reputation: 14

After using my friend's Wireless VOID, I've noticed that the Wired headset's sidetone is definitely lower in comparison.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:07 PM
DarwinRoss's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881555
DarwinRoss Reputation: 10

I don't want this thread to die. I just got back from purchasing my Corsair Void RGB wired headset from BestBuy. I bought it because I needed a headset with sidetone. I suppose it does technically have sidetone... but it's so quiet I can't hear myself unless my mic is in my mouth. I've spent the last hour changing settings according to other forums, and nothing. In CUE the volume is at max and I can barely make myself out with no other background noise.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:52 PM

POST ID # = 892103
Waltzy Reputation: 10

I know. I have the same issue and it's frustrating because this is an 80 dollar headset.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:48 AM
CiPeX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 900808
CiPeX Reputation: 10
Default Problem with Side Tone

I purchased the Wireless Void CA-9011135-NA Yellowjacket
IT'S AMAZING.

Then I decided to buy another one (ca-9011130 wired) for my work (because I know the quality is great) then I noticed the side tone issue. The side tone is hardly working. If I blow into the mic then i'll hear the sound of me blowing but when just speaking there is almost nothing.

The mic self is working fine, it's just the side tone not working. I tested the headset on my Home, Work & friends computer and its exactly the same issue.

I also did the firmware update and it didn't help. My Yellow Jacket is Awesome and everything works it just form my wired headset's side tone that's acting up.

Please help me with this issue or maybe driver updates etc?

Or must I return the headset to the supplier?

Kind Regards,

Jacques

Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 AM

POST ID # = 900944
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 104

Run CUE and check the sidetone volume. Is it working fine now?

Old 07-01-2017, 03:51 PM

POST ID # = 910077
Jimmy2x Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Run CUE and check the sidetone volume. Is it working fine now?
Must visit http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads to download CUE software.

Select "Gaming Headsets" in the drop down and it the CUE software should be the first option. Sidetone setting is in the software.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:13 PM

POST ID # = 918831
Damian1338 Reputation: 10

i have the same problem i reinstalled the CUE but it doesent work

Old 10-05-2017, 12:27 PM

POST ID # = 922277
FreezingChicken Reputation: 12

I know the last message in this thread is very old, but since I have the same problem and I can't seem to find a solution, I'd like to point out a detail that appears to not be mentioned anywhere.
If you quit from CUE (right click on tray icon, "Quit"), the sidetone works perfectly fine, and you can hear your voice back in your ears loud and clear. In the moment you re-open CUE and your headphones sync with the software/profile, the low sidetone problem comes back (and yes, the volume bar is at maximum in every profile).
So I can safely assume the problem relies in CUE itself. I'm using a Wireless RGB VOID by the way.
I'd also like to mention that the "sidetone bar" someone was mentioning in the Windows Sound properties doesn't appear for me (yes I have the latest software update, firmware update, blah blah blah, sorry if I sound rude but it's always the same story when talking about specific issues).

Old 10-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922840
Corsair Nick Reputation: 12

What version of the CUE software do you currently have installed?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: