The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Old 02-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Cha0sBreaker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838680
Cha0sBreaker Reputation: 10

Anything on this? Im not having a real problem with mic volume but I do wish it would be able to get more levels from it, since it is more quiet than any other mic I've tested and the only way to get +/- 10 db is from eating the mic basically, it's still a great headset tho. Using USB version of VOID RGB

Old 03-21-2016, 04:50 PM

POST ID # = 843468
Scalptrash Reputation: 10

Just purchased the wireless Void yesterday and immediately experienced the same issue.
Quick Google search got me here and I see no updates since February and none from Corsair since 12/15. Updated firmware to latest, verified Windows and Cue are set to maximum recording level for the mic, no luck. Friends on Teamspeak can't hear me unless I talk very loudly. Came from Corsair H2100 which was perfect. They advertise the Void to be better in every way, but so far it is essentially useless. Will have to return, unfortunately, unless someone has a magic fix.
These should be plug and play for 95% of users. Tweaking, adjusting settings or levels should not be required. Firmware I understand, but these should have never been released to the public as is. Explains why they are readily available at a discount.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:12 PM

POST ID # = 844259
Ananym Reputation: 10

Yep. Remarkably quiet, even at a reasonable mic position.
Using skype on windows 10. All levels 100: CUE, Windows, Skype.
This is silly. If no fix is forthcoming, will I still be able to return it having discarded the packaging?

Old 04-11-2016, 04:38 PM

POST ID # = 846729
Insonic Reputation: 10
Angry disappointing ....

i also have the same problem, regardless which programm i use (Skype, TS, Screencast-o-matic) ....WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit and a Void Wireless

The mic has to be at the exact right position for 134% to bring a reasonable volume. UNfortunately i cant send it back because the first weeks i did not use the mic.

i would highly appreciate it, if a further update could bring a volume gain boost option..

actually this "de-noise-feature" is absolutly inacceptable for a headset with a price wich is above 120€...to be honest i got table mics for around 5-10 € with a higher mic-gain than the Void Wireless...

Old 04-18-2016, 11:08 PM
Shadows_of_Fire's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847902
Shadows_of_Fire Reputation: 10

My onboard microphone is about five times the volume of the headset microphone. The speakers work fine, but the mic volume is just a disgrace.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Ugly Bunny's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848045
Ugly Bunny Reputation: 10
Default Any fix yet?

So I just bought these from Best Buy a couple days ago. I have not received my computer yet (should get here on Wednesday) but I'm getting all my peripherals together. I noticed the incredibly low volume on my PS4 for starts, and it seems to be a pretty common problem. Sure, there is one person here and there with no mic volume issue, but it was the FIRST thing I noticed about the set.

I'm literally on the verge of packing them back up and returning them if there isn't a fix for it yet. I'm already a little disappointed there's no 3.5mm jacks, as I had planned to use these with my PS4 and Xbox 1 as well as PC. Again, it works with my PS4 with the USB dongle, but the mic volume is SO low as to be nearly inaudible.

They sound great - which is the only reason they didn't go back the same day I got them - but if there's no official software/firmware fix, then they're going back. If it's simply a faulty mic capsule, then there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I may wait a couple days and see if I can't resolve the problem using the software, but if this thread is any indication, then I'm pretty sure that won't work either. I will probably just use a pair of good headphones and my Blue Yeti mic. That seems to be the generally superior option at this point - for PS4 as well, believe it or not!

Anyway, I hope there's a solution. It is rather disheartening that Corsair hasn't commented on this thread in some time now.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:17 AM

POST ID # = 850525
Ananym Reputation: 10

Guys this is ridiculous, it's been a month
How hard is it to implement a mic boost for this obviously disfunctional product?

With max levels anywhere and mic as close as possible without breathing down it, I'm still almost completely inaudible in every voip service. What do you expect us to do, buy another mic to run in the time it takes you to fix this luxuary product?

Old 05-04-2016, 02:59 PM
t0dddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850582
t0dddy Reputation: 10

if the problem is windows 10 how can you return a fully working headset..

if windows 10 is the issue try and run the hardware troubleshooter,

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter and then click Troubleshooting. click view all on the left hand side and then click Hardware and Devices. run it..

also run the power troubleshooter also, see if this fixes the issue :)

Last edited by t0dddy; 05-04-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:20 PM

POST ID # = 855397
ElKevbo Reputation: 10

I just purchased this device today and discovered that this horrible bug is still present. This is *completely* unacceptable, Corsair, and I will not be purchasing anything else from you in the future!

Although Corsair hasn't fixed this problem (that they've apparently known about for nearly a year!), there is a workaround: The "Equalizer APO" program can boost the mic input to acceptable levels. I had the program installed to address an audio issue with some other headphones that were really, really loud by default and decided to try the program with these Corsair headphones as a last step before packing them up to be returned for a refund. Boosting the mic gain by 10 dB seems to have put the audio gain into an acceptable range. It's extremely disappointing and frustrating that I had to try this in the first place but this solution/workaround may work for others. I imagine that other programs that do similar things may work, too.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:10 AM
Hoodling's PC Specs

POST ID # = 859949
Hoodling Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Chris View Post
Hi all, thanks for the feedback regarding the mic being too quiet. I've already logged this in with software team and we should be able to implement a higher mic ceiling in the upcoming CUE update.
It's summer 2016 now, and I'm wondering if this update is due soon. I'm using a brand new VOID Wireless with the latest drivers and firmware (to date), and people on Skype and Team Speak can barely hear me talking. If this is your idea of a "higher mic ceiling," then I'm forced to wonder if the previous ceiling height was able to pick up anything at all. I want mic boost. Give me mic boost.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:18 PM
gropingforelmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 860575
gropingforelmo Reputation: 10

I'll post this hear, as it's the most active post on the issue. I've been trying to narrow down where exactly the problem is, either in hopes that Corsair can resolve the issue in firmware/software, or at least help others improve the experience.

So far it seems to be an issue in Windows 10 (and 8/8.1 from what I've read), specifically with USB microphones, and not isolated to the Void USB, but obviously not universal to all USB microphones.

Also, Sidetone in CUE results in normal microphone volume. Though without knowledge of the inner workings, this information may not be useful.

Two possibilities here:
  1. The signal could be traveling to the PC, through CUE, and then back to the headset.
  2. The signal is simply a loopback within the headset, going from mic to speakers through firmware.

Either way, because Sidetone sounds fine, the microphone is definitely picking up sounds correctly, and the hardware is not at fault.

This has led me to believe that the issue is with Microsoft's drivers. As point of evidence, my motherboard (admittedly a little old) has USB 3.0 through an add-on chipset (made by NEC). When I swapped the Void from USB 2.0 to one of these 3.0 ports, the microphone volume improved noticeably. Enough so that on Mumble, someone commented that I was actually too loud!

I'd really like someone else to give this a try, and confirm it wasn't just a fluke. If you're not sure about your USB ports, post your motherboard model and I'll try and determine if it's the same situation.

Note: This is mostly speculation at this point; I'm a software developer, and firmware is a bit of a black box to me.

Last edited by gropingforelmo; 07-01-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:16 AM

POST ID # = 861506
Smalls Reputation: 10

I just got a wireless void and immediately noticed (and was told) that my mic was suuuuuuuper low. After finding this forum and having no luck, i continued my search for a solution and stumbled upon a reddit post which said to give this https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo a try... I set mine to +15db and was amazed by the improvement... The noise cancellation still works as well...

So... Here's my 2 cents for what its worth...

P.S. @Corsair Chris, maybe you could forward this to the dev team so they could possibly implement some improvements to the firmware, so 3rd party utils wont need to be used...

Last edited by Smalls; 07-08-2016 at 05:20 AM.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:30 AM
hifibry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 862198
hifibry Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I just got a wireless void and immediately noticed (and was told) that my mic was suuuuuuuper low. After finding this forum and having no luck, i continued my search for a solution and stumbled upon a reddit post which said to give this https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo a try... I set mine to +15db and was amazed by the improvement... The noise cancellation still works as well...

So... Here's my 2 cents for what its worth...

P.S. @Corsair Chris, maybe you could forward this to the dev team so they could possibly implement some improvements to the firmware, so 3rd party utils wont need to be used...
This EqualizerAPO program runs really excellently well. You set it up once for the mic under Capture Devices and then restart- once restarted, open up the Configuration Editor for EqualizerAPO and disable any enhancements besides preamp. Boost it to +5 or higher and save then enjoy. Nothing has to run in the background or at startup. It's fixed.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:26 PM

POST ID # = 865965
PuyoDead Reputation: 10

Picked up the USB Void today (Windows 10 x64), and immediately noticed how quiet the mic is. Hooked my Logitech G930 back up (the set I'm trying to replace), and mic levels were fine with those. So, it's definitely the Void hardware having problems. Even my basic desk stand mic has better volume levels. Sadly, since it almost doesn't pick up sound at all (bent to nearly touching my lips, all levels and boosts at max), I'm going to return them tomorrow, and try something else out.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:03 PM
stereo117's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870284
stereo117 Reputation: 10
Idea Windows Recording Settings

I found out that every time I start a game Windows lowers the microphone volume to 50 in the recording tabs in the audio settings of Windows.
I raise it back then and my voice is loud and clear.

I turned off that programs have explicit control but it still doesn't work.

Corsair support should check that one out, pls.

Tags
quiet, void, volume

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: