Corsair Community

Case suggestion

HotDan

My Lenovo K450 developed a broken power switch mount. My tech acquired three other used face plates but the switch mounts on all three were broken in a similar fashion. Can someone suggest a replacement case that will allow utilization of all of this machines features?

• Corsair Employee

Not sure if the parts in that system are proprietary (you may want to double check that), but by looking at the size, the Carbide 100R might be a good candidate.

If I were you, I'd really consider building your own PC that way you can pick and choose the components that are based on your needs.

One thing - it's unlikely that you'll find very many, if any, cases from any manufacturer that has built-in SD card readers. There are, however, many add-on options that use a USB header on the motherboard and also give you extra front panel USB ports.

And the coverings on those optical drives are unlikely to work well with any case. Hopefully you have regular optical drives behind it and they are connected to the optical drive as a full face plate.

Another advantage of building your own PC ... all of the components are standard size with standard connectors. Which means that you can pick and choose and swap components out to your heart's content.

Archived