Corsair Community

LL140 Fans Performance

Leo59

I hope Corsair checks these forums.

It is obvious that the LL Fans, altthough they look great, their performance is 50% less then the HD fans which cost less by the way.

While these may work as a quite case fan, they would be terrible as a radiator/AIO cooler fan.

This is unfortunate since if one wanted to build a system using these, you'd want the fan lighting to match. As in you're not combining these with HD fans what would be the point, the whole reason for using anything like this is aesthetics and making sure things match.

So alas which brings me to my question to Corsair, is there any plan to actually release a better performing fan with the same lighting, one that could be potentially used on Corsairs own AIO coolers? It would only make sense if there were radiator fans that have this lighting configuration, or at least make them on par with the HD fans. Otherwise one would just go with a different brand i.e NZXT which offers similar LED fans with twice the performance and with matching AIO.

I mean why on earth would Corsair think that releasing a fan with mediocre performance would still sell just because it has LED. The fan still has to perform it's basic function which is provide cooling not lighting.

Welcome aboard buddy :)

Their performance is 50% less then the HD fans.

They would be terrible as a radiator/AIO cooler fan.

I take it you have had yours arrive a few days a go and after a few days of testing you have got your results and come here to review them for us? :) :)

Actually ... if you look at the specs for the NZXT RGB fans, the 140mm are rated for 1.52mm-H20 static pressure. The Corsair LL series are rated the same. The Corsair 120mm LL fans are rated for 1.61mm-H20, compared to the NZXT 1.35mm-H20.

Based on that, the Corsairs would be as good or better than the NZXT fans to push air through the radiator.

Additionally, the HUE software has just as many, if not more, complaints as Corsair Link. Except NZXT doesn't have a forum where users can help each other with their products ... they can only whine in response to blog posts with no response. For me, that's an important factor when I purchase something ...

So you would like a fan that looks stunning, knocks the socks off everything else, is quiet, comes in multiple blade configurations, spectacular and innovative light features, and all for a reasonable price. Someone else was asking for near field automatic sensors and cell phone remote control, so we might as well throw that in there as well.

I am sure it has occurred to you one fan can't be everything. Quite clearly, this is a decorative item and yes, there are people who value this highly - hopefully at an altitude of around $270. If you have serious cooling issues or concerns, you very well may need more dedicated performance orientated fans, but nobody makes high volume, durable, quiet, cheap fans with 12-16 LEDs.

Don't get too carried away with static pressure numbers. They are extremely RPM dependent and the P-Q curves of a 120mm fan most often has a rather flattering spike in the final 200 rpm that is meaningless unless you actually run it at 90% plus. Most people do not. Regardless, there is no double the cooling to be had. The difference between a terrible and great fan on a radiator is usually single digits. Consequently, it only really matters if you live within that margin of your temperature threshold.

Welcome aboard buddy :)

I take it you have had yours arrive a few days a go and after a few days of testing you have got your results and come here to review them for us? :) :)

Check Thermalbench's review it's pretty comprehensive on where these fans sit as far as performance.

Check Thermalbench's review it's pretty comprehensive on where these fans sit as far as performance.

oh right.... thought you owned some... ;).. I do.. absolutely no difference in performance to my HD series fans i have just removed...... Same temps... same noise........

Archived